Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace match thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace match thread

Not a problem with him being injured but Deano has said he's close to playing for the last 3 or more weeks.

Then why question his desire.
To be fair. Ditching champions league football for a team who had scraped relegation a few weeks before shows desire .

yep barmy - you'd be naturally expecting him to be nursing a hangover.
Suppose his injury record and/or desire is why he's on loan to us and the likes of Mount are starting at Chelsea

Happy Christmas all! Let's hope we have a late pressie from Villa today. Surprised Barkley hasn't made the team, although I feel so much more comfortable with our reserves this year. I do feel Hause for Konsa could come back to bite us though

Not starting Konsa is a big mistake

I hope not but he’s a big player to leave on the bench. I’ll get pelters for this, but for this particular game I actually think a Konsa/Hause partnership might have be the best on paper against a big Benteke given Palace will play high balls over the top.

Is what it is though, it would’ve been difficult for Smith to have changed the defence, I just think the last two results have given us a false sense of security at the back. Hope Mings is on it today, big game for him