Aston Villa Vs Cardiff City 10th April KO 19:45 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Vs Cardiff City 10th April KO 19:45

If we're looking at a team to get a result, I'll go:

Spink

Williams / McNaught / Evans / Swain

Bremner / Cowans / Mortimer (c) / Morley

Withe / Shaw

Good luck with that lot, Colin :finger:
I’d go for Rimmer in goal and Gibson at left back. Put Ormsby, Terry Donovan and Williams in the dugout so they can “take care” of Warnock...

Will we lose because we have been a bit rubbish lately or win because we seem to do better in the big games?

Who knows?

I don't know about the result either or what Villa team will mentally turn up which of course is totally wrong but seems the norm all season.

Whatever - good luck to the Villa and please send that nauseating gobshite Warnock home throwing his dummy out along the way:finger:

It's the hope that kills you SJH.

It 's why we're all still here fretting about 22 men running around after a ball Sir D. Many things come and go, women, money, health, good looks:unsure:but the Villa remain. That buzz we all got from being a part of something exciting. The collective euphoria of sticking it to the likes of Colin and the bin dippers and the scum down the road. That's why we keep coming back for more.
3-1 to the Villa with Davis scoring a hat trick having torn Colin's thugs a new one. Now that would do nicely.
UTV:utv:

I wouldn't be surprised if we turned Cardiff over. It will then really hit home just how much we have ballsed things up in the last 3 weeks. Jedi has to come back in for this one - he was MOM last year against them when they were attemtping to kick all things claret and blue. I bet Jack cant wait for Warnocks tactical plan again. I'd go with Grabban up front as well, he's probably the best finisher we have and he's strong enough to hold the ball up too.

Spoke to a Norwich fan who thought their team had suddenly had an inspired performance as recent showings were dire. I hadn’t the heart to tell him we’re not the team we are cracked up to be. When you need 11 lion hearts on the pitch we can only come up with a handful.
Anything could happen against Cardiff but it will be no indicator for the following match. We’ll have to try to stutter into the play offs and hope we have a character and courage implant for the grand finale.

I think we'll win. If we do, I'll be able to sigh about what might have been over the last few fraught weeks.

Weird one. Because if we win I think my over riding feeling will be frustration that we really have made a balls off it since wolves.

You can guarantee that collectively Cardiff will play, fight, kick and foul for each other until they drop so is that because of the installed mentality of Warnock?........ I would imagine so because he and his teams have been that way throughout his managerial career.

Meanwhile, on a regular basis, Steve Bruce struggles to even get a tune out of our starting eleven so unless we match them all over the pitch we could well lose this one?

This could be a very telling game in every way for Aston Villa, the players and Steve Bruce and his assistants.

You can guarantee that collectively Cardiff will play, fight, kick and foul for each other until they drop so is that because of the installed mentality of Warnock?........ I would imagine so because he and his teams have been that way throughout his managerial career.

Meanwhile, on a regular basis, St,eve Bruce struggles to even get a tune out of our starting eleven so unless we match them all over the pitch we could well lose this one?

This could be a very telling game in every way for Aston Villa, the players and Steve Bruce and his assistants.

Whilst I detest some aspects of Mr Warnocks personality, the fighting spirit and unity he instills into his teams is admirable. That said, it should be automatic. I was certainly that way when I played for £10 per match plus £10 win bonus. It was pride and self respect that motivated me, not the money.:punch:

Haven't got a bloody clue what will happen tomorrow. Given up trying to predict anything this lot may serve up....team selection, performance, tactics, substitutions, result.....not a scooby doo......although I can predict that I will swear a lot due to the referee being the one and only Jeremy Simpson......:arrghh: