Aston Villa vs Bolton Wanderers Friday Night 2nd Nov | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Bolton Wanderers Friday Night 2nd Nov

QPR was the most exciting match I've seen Villa in for a long time, although it naturally tailed off a bit towards the end. Almost unbearable; not used to it! The players seem to have caught on pretty quickly. Now it's a question of improving on that style.

I can take a few losses if that's what it takes. Would be astonished at a loss against Bolton though.

QPR was the most exciting match I've seen Villa in for a long time, although it naturally tailed off a bit towards the end. Almost unbearable; not used to it! The players seem to have caught on pretty quickly. Now it's a question of improving on that style.

I can take a few losses if that's what it takes. Would be astonished at a loss against Bolton though.
Really? I have seen the highlights and we looked bang average..slow build up, caught in possession, loose passes....nothing has changed . Lose(Or draw) against Bolton and the tide will turn against 'deano'. Not his fault really, the (overpaid and overhyped) players just haven't got it.

Really? I have seen the highlights and we looked bang average..slow build up, caught in possession, loose passes....nothing has changed . Lose(Or draw) against Bolton and the tide will turn against 'deano'. Not his fault really, the (overpaid and overhyped) players just haven't got it.

Can't get my head around this idea at all. I would like to think that the vast majority of Villa fans have more sense and patience than to turn on a manager after a handful of games. Unbelievable. :shake: He's not Harry fucking Potter :slap:

Are modern players to be absolved of all responsibility? As you suggest, maybe, just maybe some of them aren't quite as good as many like to think they are. Clearly some people expect miracles and some people just like to moan.

Dont think fans will turn if we lose,he deserves a fair crack at sorting out the club and four games is not a fair crack. However I expect us to win and I expect some changes and testing the squad, I would be surprised if the same team keeps being picked.

Smith will be fine. A few noticeable absentees for the under 23s tonight . Callum and Jake perhaps they're with the senior squad now ?

Agree that Smith's teams try to play attractive possession football but his win rate (even this season) is worse than Bruce's! I don't see why anyone should think this will change.

Agree that Smith's teams try to play attractive possession football but his win rate (even this season) is worse than Bruce's! I don't see why anyone should think this will change.

Better players, bigger club, Both Walsall and Brentford punched above their weight, he only needs to get us punching our weight with our multi-million-pound squad and there lies the real problem.Again stats at different clubs mean very little,
We have to start playing again before anything else will happen

Reactions: OVB
You are comparing apples with oranges, what he did at Brentford was a minor miracle considering their resources, it is hoped he will achieve more with the superior set up and players at VP

I'm sorry, I would love to believe that Smith, will deliver us success but can't see it. You can't simply dismiss is win rate which so far has remained the same around 32%. Agreed he had done well on tight budgets but you could equally argue he has no expience of buying or managing top class players. Lets hope I'm proven to be a total glass half empty twatt who has no faith! But until I see anything different in the win rate I'll continue to lack faith.

I would suggest that it's pointless trying to analyse every game for signs of this or that - leave it for a couple of months, then start to judge. But then what would everyone talk about day-in, day-out??

I'm sorry, I would love to believe that Smith, will deliver us success but can't see it. You can't simply dismiss is win rate which so far has remained the same around 32%. Agreed he had done well on tight budgets but you could equally argue he has no expience of buying or managing top class players. Lets hope I'm proven to be a total glass half empty twatt who has no faith! But until I see anything different in the win rate I'll continue to lack faith.
For some reason this feels totally different, I honestly believe we are on the verge of greatness again, given time, We have the best owners we have ever had and a young hungry management set up, proper people in the other roles, build it and they will come (as I will if this plays out how I think it will) I would love my children to grow up as I did in the 70s and 80s, if we achieve half of that I will die happy

better players? they should be but its not their ability we need to bring out its their attitude and commitment to the cause. I think some give everything and others are not working hard enough for the shirt. And some will never be as good as we thought they were. In an ideal world the owners will bankroll the transition and pay the FFP fines and by the end of January we would have a top team ready to blitz the Championship. The reality is it will take 2 or 3 windows before we have a squad capable, that means another season the 2nd tier and probably losing more key components that will need to be replaced.