Aston Villa vs Bolton Wanderers Friday Night 2nd Nov | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Bolton Wanderers Friday Night 2nd Nov

JK will run riot and score five, yes 5, in the first half and get his sixth after 59 minutes. JG will get kicked so much he will have to come off after an hour. MJ/GW will be replaced after the hour mark.
So an hour into the game Hogan, O'Hare and Lansbury will come on for Kodjia, Grealish and Jedinak/Whelan.
Hogan will score a ten minute hattrick and O'Hare will get two.
That makes an eleven goal total, so we win 11 - 1. The one coming from an own goal from Tuanzebe.
Then I woke up remembering this is the Villa.

An uninterupted week for D.S. to get the lads playing his system and intensity. Evidence of improvement should be on show.

Bolton are a poor team but we can be sure that they'll try to bully and intimidate as much as they can. I know it's too much to ask but I hope the referee does his job properly. In the same game last season, Mr Jeremy Simpson put in quite the most pathetic refereeing performance and gave us no protection at all. After saying that, with a full week on the training pitch we shouldn't need to worry about bully boy tactics and useless referees......a convincing win for the Villa boys sending the Trotters back up the M6 licking their wounds!

I can see us ripping Bolton to pieces after some more work on the training pitch.

Certainly hope so.

Our problem is at the back we all know it we're still one of the higher scores in the league which is pretty amazing considering how disjointed we've been going forward.

I think he might give The Jedi a run out in this one in front of the back 4 instead of Barney or Whelan.
I'd like to see Bo lassy start instead of Elmo who is never a winger in a million years.
I don't rate Taylor but guess we are stuck with him until at least January, Hutton could do with a day off and put Elmo or better still Bree at right back.
Keeper frightens the shite out of me, with or without the ball, do we have a better one?
Thinking about it Lansbury needs some game time, obviously has talent but also has a lard arse, perhaps Dean could dye his hair ginger and play him as a quarterback?

Certainly, need to start winning a few

I think he might give The Jedi a run out in this one in front of the back 4 instead of Barney or Whelan.
I'd like to see Bo lassy start instead of Elmo who is never a winger in a million years.
I don't rate Taylor but guess we are stuck with him until at least January, Hutton could do with a day off and put Elmo or better still Bree at right back.
Keeper frightens the shite out of me, with or without the ball, do we have a better one?
Thinking about it Lansbury needs some game time, obviously has talent but also has a lard arse, perhaps Dean could dye his hair ginger and play him as a quarterback?

Certainly, need to start winning a few

Agree with most of that 57, but I still don't think Nyland is as dodgy as everyone thinks. He'll come good long term. But why not give the Spanish lad a go?

Lansbury does indeed need some game time, and hopefully, he will get it in January. At another club :lol:

I can't see Jedinak starting , he can't play the way Smith likes his teams to play , he is not mobile enough . Bree or Elmo at right back , we need more from our full backs going forward , but like '57 says we are stuck with Taylor on the left.

The Spanish keeper must be injured as he hasn't been on the bench lately.

Just have a feeling we are going to come good in this one Boltons results have been on a bigger downer than ours lost at home to Forest 0-3. We have just played two teams on the up away. Smithy will have had a week with them yeh this one it is.

Need a win in this one need to start our climb back up the league. We don't want to be anywhere near the relegation fight by January or it will limit the player we could sign. If we lose then it will be three on the bounce and there heads might drop i don't think these player have got the bottle for a relegation fight.

Not really. I saw us dominate posession against an awful QPR, and do nothing with it.

I also saw us suffer the same defensive frailties we've suffered all season, and conceed a shocking goal.

I just can't expect us to win at the moment. I go in hope more than anything else, but the way we're defending we need to score 3 to stand a chance, and the way we're attacking I can't see that suddenly happening.

I expect Bolton to be as dirty and brutal as they were last season so we really need to stand up to this as the refs are so weak in the championship you simply can't rely on them.

I think/hope we will win 2-0 and then we start to build a bit of confidence to go along with the more chances we are now creating.

It was never going to be sorted out immediately by DS and coaching staff and trying to be positive, they have now seen all the faults with the teams they have picked to date and the certain individuals who will never change because they are unable to and it's these that in time need to be moved on and replaced with players who will fit the system and style of play DS prefers.

However, getting those not wanted actually moved on from Villa Park is a big problem that the whole management needs to collectively work on.

There are signs of improvement, agree.
Deano is the man to get it sorted, no doubts, but, it will take longer than some people seem to think.

I'm sure there are players in the team at the minute, that he wouldn't use by choice if there were better alternatives.

Need to halt the promotion talks, we really are way off, nowhere near ready for that, closer to a relegation scrap tbh.

Hold tight, we will come good, it's better than Bruce-ball where we sit tight & look to grab a goal somehow, from somewhere.