Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 6 March @ 5.30pm - Sky | Page 5 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 6 March @ 5.30pm - Sky

If we start like we mean it we should shade this game. A slow tempo, low energy start will hand Wolves the advantage so get amongst them early on. Knowing when to change things will be key to finishing with a win.
Get at them.

Yes, but lets face it ,Wolves are entirely predictable and will hold no surprises to how they will play either.
Yes but he does vary his sides to suit ie 4 at the back or 3 at the back, granted they just have that 35m striker upfront that sooner or later we'll find out why he's paid that much for him. He might be good or he might be part of a brown envelope buy.
Traore may or may not play but his pace is always a danger.

I'd stick Jack on the bench regardless of fitness just to give Wolves and the Villa players something to think about even if there is no chance of him playing, the very fact he's there will cause concern

Well, after the last match Dean used the word sloppy yet again but sloppiness was a big part of last season’s problems. If we start passing to the opposition again when under no pressure it really does mean the players aren’t up to this level, whether it’s SJM or anyone else.
Tactically we seem to have reverted back to last season’s predictability which all seemed to change in our early games most crediting Barkley’s arrival in support of Jack and some Craig’s arrival.
My third concern is our inability to turn a match from a losing position. The pundits were talking about the resilience in the Burnley team today referring to it as “personality”. So today would be a good time to show our personality and confirm just how much we’ve improved from last year not just defensively which is not in question, but as a team.

I dunno about today - I'm still flat from the last one.
We just have no plan for linking play together - it's just like they are sent out there to play (express themselves LOL). Cloughie used to say your job is to give it to him. Even that would be a better ploy than we have been using.

Without Jack it's just pass the hot potato - usually backwards.

I'm not even inspired to predict a score. I won't bet against us in any game but Gawd knows what we will play like today. Grind out a win or grind out a loss. I suspect it will be a grind.

Come back Burnley 1st half...

The talk on social media is that McGinn will be dropped.

No Grealish, No Sanson, No Cash. I'm not liking this at all.

Famous last words but i like it, played as a 4141. It will be nice to get a chance to see what Sanson can do. It will also be interesting to see Dougies reaction to having had some games off?