Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers. Weds 4th January 20.00 hrs K.O | Page 22 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers. Weds 4th January 20.00 hrs K.O

After the poor first half, you have to be happy with the point gained with a more spirited second half.

I called Bailey and his inconsistency out weeks ago and I really hope we bring in a strong, pacy winger who plays with consistency most games as Bailey's game is far too flaky.

His first thought is to hit the deck rather than to take his man on. He doesn’t want a 50/50 foot race where he might get wiped out on the byline.

Yeah fuck it. Even Man City could only draw at homecto Everton last week.

At half time there was no way I could see us getting anything out of the game so would have taken your hand off for the draw.

It was another thing that we never used to do under Gerrard, it was either boom or bust, and with derby games like this sometimes you just have to take the draw.

Well it couldn't of got any worse....unless we were still managed by a certain scouse charlatan

It looked beyond our players which I think is a reasonable view given the lack of recent history turning games around. I mean I can only think of about 5 games in the last 3 years where we took points from losing positions. Only the 2-2 vs. United last season. Fulham and Wolves when we had Trez, Dougie scoring against Watford and Jack against West Ham to keep us up. I am sure there are more but hardly a plethora of games to choose from.

Sky's player ratings

Aston Villa: Martinez (7), Cash (6), Konsa (6), Mings (8), Digne (5), Luiz (6), Kamara (7), Bailey (5), Buendia (5), Young (5), Watkins (6).

Subs: Coutinho (7), Ings (8), Augustinsson (7), Dendoncker (6).

Much improved 2nd half, at half time I thought it was our usual case of after the Lord Mayors show. Buendia was absolutely dog shite throughout, very surprised he never came off. And Leon, all he needed to do was lob the keeper! Silly decision to try and take it round him.

He probably had time to take another touch as well thats what frustrates me. Trying to chip the keeper is difficult but if he had a bit of composure he would have scored, but you know its not surprising given the chance he missed vs. Liverpool too.

Leon and Emi aren't going to play for a bigger or better club than us and I don't think they're improving. Would I rather sign Rodrigo De Paul and slot him into Buendia's position or will I wait for Buendia to fulfill his potential? I'll go with the former. Now Delafou vs. Leon? I'd rather neither. We need clear and obvious upgrades IMO.

It looked beyond our players which I think is a reasonable view given the lack of recent history turning games around. I mean I can only think of about 5 games in the last 3 years where we took points from losing positions. Only the 2-2 vs. United last season. Fulham and Wolves when we had Trez, Dougie scoring against Watford and Jack against West Ham to keep us up. I am sure there are more but hardly a plethora of games to choose from.
Hopefully this is just the start where our entire outlook and mindset as supporters over the bleak years finally gets turned around

I've seen enough from Buendia to think that he can still do it for us but he's had a few wonky games in possession recently. The left wing is not where he should be playing IMO and I think he was much better played centrally second half.

Yep shame the man fanny couldn't finish right at the death but I'd have killed for a point at HT.
Anyway it was one of those good points coming back from a goal down at HT

I have to wind down now with some Cheps, curry sauce, and 8% double IPA