Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sunday 16th Feb, 2pm | Page 16 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sunday 16th Feb, 2pm

Spurs there for the taking all game, we simply couldn't be arsed to go and win the game.

I've kept off the finger pointing at Terry re our defence but seriously, they are uniformly useless at this level.

It's got to the point for me of barely celebrating goals because you know for sure we'll just let in more at the other end.

Baffling DS selection/subs again for me too.

All three central defenders and Drinkwater were absolutely shocking. Smith has to take some of the blame for that shambles today. I’d have some the players clearing up the flood water outside the ground after that.

Our defence is league 2 standard , how Spurs didn't score At least 6 is a mystery . We will go down because we concede at least 2 per game

Why was that carthourse Baston on the bench instead of Davis
Why is Drunkwater being selected when he's both unfit and useless
Smith needs to be fired

You don't have to be a top class coach to get players to hoof the ball into Row Z with a minute to go. It is basic stuff really - if you can't win it, then don't lose it. If we get relegated by one point, then it has to be blamed on Engels try to do a Beckenbauer fancy flick rather than a Tommy Smith smashing it into touch.

Bad mistake but they could have scored off any number of the bad mistakes we kept making prior to that. I’m not sure what to think you can look at management, look at the hiring, but how can these professionals keep making so many bad errors individually. I do think bringing Samatta off was a big mistake it disrupted the rhythm, bastón put the ball on a plate for a Tottenham player who should have scored.... bringing a guy on who probably has low confidence did not seem like the right move.

Pepe MoM for me. Kept us in the game 2nd half with some big saves. Surely there must be something in the contract with Chelsea that we have to give Drinkwater game time as he is still way off the pace. Nakamba looked twice the player when he came on.
I'm not Deano's biggest fan, but the goals we are conceding are generally from fuck ups, either CB's making howlers or midfielders turning inside and passing straight to the opposition. Think a few of the players need to have a good look at themselves.
Spuds defence looked shite as well, we really should have put 3 or 4 away ourselves today. Poor decision making in front of goal.

We had championship defenders again today and conceding 2-3 goals is saying your not good enough. One of our defenders gives the ball away to the opposition more times than his own teammates. The lads tried but we can all see it’s pretty poor defending that costs us.
Too nice too soft get some hungry mean sob in there.