Aston Villa v Reading, Tues 3rd April, 7.45pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Reading, Tues 3rd April, 7.45pm

Wolves fan in peace, Lads I've got to say Reading are the worst team we've played all season even Burton gave us more of a game.
Understand some of your supporters are even worried you may not stay in the playoffs, got to say if you can't beat Reading that will be the time to worry.
We've got Hull on Tuesday & like Reading these teams are fighting for their lives & will make it difficult, we'll be missing Neves & Matt Docherty 2 inspirational players but like Villa. we both should get the 3 pts.
Please guys dont think we as Wolves fans think we're guaranteed promotion by any means alot of our fans like me still know theres work to be done.
I think 2 wins should see us over the line but more likely 3, & I'm sure your all glad to know it could be the Blues game that gets us there (hopefully relegate them)?.
Sorry to say but I think automatic promotion for you is gone after yesterdays result, but you need to avoid Fulham in the playoffs, Derby are on the slide, & as for Mbro they play horrible football proper Pullis & if you watched our game against em they kicked us off the park & even down to 9 men for 25mins couldn't beat us.
Got to say that ex player of yours(I think) Tryora he's quick & wouldn't mind him down our place.
If you got Fulham in a final its anybodys.
Wolf In Peace ??
Davetxb getting Fulham in the play offs is my big worry. They play a good standard of football and we lost to them at the Cottage when they beat us. We would really have to be up for it and in the last 3 games we have gone out with a whimper. By the way I think you are certainties for being champions and good luck to you.

I just want to see us give a fuck tomorrow and show desire, from the last 10 games in my opinion we haven`t looked good in 8 of them which worries me.

We were playing a cohesive style and seemed to be on the right track but the last 10 games to me have been very hit and miss.

I watch Fulham, Wolves and Cardiff and whilst results aren`t always perfect they have a style, a plan whereas we just seem to rely on individuals to " do " something special.

I am always optomistic where we are concerned, blind faith perhaps, but in reality and based on the evidence of the last three outings I cant see us winning this.
Bruce will be even more reluctant to go for it,prefering his usual safety first approach to make sure we get something out of it to consolidate a play of place.
A very hard fought 1-1.

Ain't got a clue, I suppose it'll depend on which Aston Villa turns up........

I'm sure it'll be a tense anxious time whatever happens.

Ain't got a clue, I suppose it'll depend on which Aston Villa turns up........

I'm sure it'll be a tense anxious time whatever happens.

I was just about to say the same thing.

I've said since the very first day of this season if you want to get out of the Championship then you have to attack it with passion, skill, endeavor and a game plan for each game letting the opposition know you better be on top form today otherwise we will beat you just like Newcastle and Brighton did last season and Wolves this season.

Unfortunately, we have only shown the above attributes a handful of times all season which simply isn't good enough and we are where we are because of it.

Prediction score? Who knows which is totally wrong.

Last edited:
Davetxb getting Fulham in the play offs is my big worry. They play a good standard of football and we lost to them at the Cottage when they beat us. We would really have to be up for it and in the last 3 games we have gone out with a whimper. By the way I think you are certainties for being champions and good luck to you.
Thanks SouthCoast, Most Wolves fans want you to come up with us (hopefully).You seem to be on a mini blip, you need to find that swagger & endeavor you had when you beat us, you seemed to put so much into that game that it seems some of your players since then seem to think all they have to do is turn up & teams like Bolton, QPR, & Hull will just keel over.
From what I've watched of you Lately you'll have a decent first half, then for some unknown reason you don't look the same team second half, don't know what Bruce is telling em at halftime.
(Sorry lads I'm sounding like a proper Villa fan?).
The thing Nuno's done at our place is no one player is singled out as a star, we win, we win as a team, even the likes of Neves, Jota, Costa, Cavalero...etc if they've played brilliant Nuno wont praise individuals, its the team.
I've neen going down the Molineuax now for nearly 45 years & have never witnessed the commardary & football we're witnessing.
Obviously having wealthy owners & Jorge Mendez helps, but our best signing was our manager Nuno who came in got rid of all the old coaching staff, physios etc & installed his own team in there.
This is what I mean its alright having money, you have to have the right man at the helm.
Sorry to hog your forum not being a Villa fan but do you think Nruce is the manager to take you forward.
Apoliges again for interfering?.

Thanks SouthCoast, Most Wolves fans want you to come up with us (hopefully).You seem to be on a mini blip, you need to find that swagger & endeavor you had when you beat us, you seemed to put so much into that game that it seems some of your players since then seem to think all they have to do is turn up & teams like Bolton, QPR, & Hull will just keel over.
From what I've watched of you Lately you'll have a decent first half, then for some unknown reason you don't look the same team second half, don't know what Bruce is telling em at halftime.
(Sorry lads I'm sounding like a proper Villa fan?).
The thing Nuno's done at our place is no one player is singled out as a star, we win, we win as a team, even the likes of Neves, Jota, Costa, Cavalero...etc if they've played brilliant Nuno wont praise individuals, its the team.
I've neen going down the Molineuax now for nearly 45 years & have never witnessed the commardary & football we're witnessing.
Obviously having wealthy owners & Jorge Mendez helps, but our best signing was our manager Nuno who came in got rid of all the old coaching staff, physios etc & installed his own team in there.
This is what I mean its alright having money, you have to have the right man at the helm.
Sorry to hog your forum not being a Villa fan but do you think Nruce is the manager to take you forward.
Apoliges again for interfering?.
Sorry Bruce not Nruce ?

Got all the hallmarks of a half-hearted go at it, failing to crack their defence, then they sneak a winner.

For the record, when I'm this pessimistic I'm usually wrong.

What a chance tomorrow night now - win and play offs done and done IMO
As I stated in a earlier post Aspinall you really need to avoid Fulham which is fairly obvious, but after todays results you should fear no one, ok Derby won but they looked awful against Sunderland.
Mbro poor result today, Millwall seem to be the dark horses to make playoffs you never no with them.
Villa could do with a convincing win from somewhere, maybe tomorrow night maybe a 3 or 4 -0 to give the whole club that lift it needs.
Just want to say thankyou for welcoming me onto your forum as this will be my last post, at the end of the day its a Villa forum & should be for Villa fans ( ya! don't want us dingles invading?).
GodBless you all, & IF we do get promoted?I know Wolves fans hope you join us( Just get rid of Bruce, we don't like him).
ALL THE BEST FELLAS.

I feel we have to start with two up top. Those two being Grabban & Kodjia. Playing a diamond in midfield with Grealish behind the two strikers. The other three, Adomah, Snodgrass and Thor as the holding defensive midfielder.

Make no mistake, we have to go for it tomorrow night.

Yes will be disappointed if we start with one up front
I think the physicality of Whelan and Davis are needed

What a chance tomorrow night now - win and play offs done and done IMO
I dont think the play offs are really at risk. What is at risk is third or fourth place.
Its absolutlely vital we get one of those positions so that we get the second leg back at Villa Park in front of forty odd thousand full house.

Should win this one , I think Bruce needs to freshen things up a bit . Problem is we have nobody to replace Chester or Terry they are running on empty carrying this shower every game .
Might be time to rest Snoddy and Albert ?

I feel we have to start with two up top. Those two being Grabban & Kodjia. Playing a diamond in midfield with Grealish behind the two strikers. The other three, Adomah, Snodgrass and Thor as the holding defensive midfielder.

Make no mistake, we have to go for it tomorrow night.

I don't think it suits Grealish playing in a 2 man central midfield and also I don't think Kodjia is ready to start just yet.

I would play

Johnstone
Elmo Chester Terry Hutton
Snoddy Thor Hourihane Albet
Grealish
Davis.

I don't think it suits Grealish playing in a 2 man central midfield and also I don't think Kodjia is ready to start just yet.

I would play

Johnstone
Elmo Chester Terry Hutton
Snoddy Thor Hourihane Albet
Grealish
Davis.

Would go with that. No great feeling about Davis, Grabban or Hogan up front. But I reckon the rest is the best we've got, and Thor and Hourihane should have recovered from their travels.

Davis is the only forward we have who can hold the ball up effectively. If we can keep the ball up front then it enables the midfield to push up and support . At the moment whenever we play it up front it is coming straight back.