Aston Villa v Reading, Tues 3rd April, 7.45pm | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Reading, Tues 3rd April, 7.45pm

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
"We go again...." :eek!:

Reading in town on Tuesday, I'm sure we're all looking forward to catching up with Leandro "Champions League" Bacuna.

A must-win, as are all the games from here on in.

What do we think, Vital Villans?

Tough game, Paul clement won his first game yesterday against an in form qpr .
If we aren't up for this we will catch a cold.
1-0 villa

I have this down as a draw. I just think our momentum is shot after the Wolves game and our form in the past three matches just hasn't been good enough.

I do feel one or two seem to dining out on the Wolves game, and Bruce has made a couple of baffling team selections imho. After boasting that we had everyone fit before the Hull game, rather than pick our best team, he goes and plays Tuanzebe and Lansbury, surely not the best players in their position in our squad? :shrug:

Agree with Aspinall - 1-1 as we edge towards play-off confirmation.

If we can't beat Reading at home then god only knows how the strongest squad in the league are going to cope in the play offs against a team with momentum and full of confidence. I would love to keep believing but if I'm honest, given our current form, we might scrape a 1 goal win, more likely 1-1 as Aspinall suggests.

If by some miracle we managed to negotiate the play offs, we would need massive investment in virtually a complete squad along with a new manager. In fact if we don't negotiate the play offs we will need the same thing on a different scale. It could take years to put ourselves in a position where we challenge again. That's the reality of where we stand.

Bang average and to continue to collapse and peter out with a whimper would be just another disappointment in a long line of them. Nothing short of seven comprehensive victories is what is required. :arrghh::arrghh::arrghh:

think we're past 'must win' games now.
5 or 6 points to get in the playoffs is what we're left with
then perhaps win the last couple of games to give the pretence of going into the playoffs 'in form'
ho hum

think we're past 'must win' games now.
5 or 6 points to get in the playoffs is what we're left with
then perhaps win the last couple of games to give the pretence of going into the playoffs 'in form'
ho hum

Last game is Millwall away MON, crawling into the play offs on our hands and knees at the moment if we're lucky.

The Reading game will be a test. Of Bruce. He can't complain about injuries. He's just rested key players.

We CAN take the game by the scruff of the neck and win convincingly. Play our best players and go for it. That means Thor instead of Jedinak, because we need somebody in that role who can be creative as well. Don't start Kodjia because he's not up to speed and he needs gentle easing in anyway.

If Bruce can't do it with the players he's got, then he can't do it. Period.

Hopefully we will play better than we did in the corresponding fixture last season and in the away game this season! Nobody has done the league double over us yet since we were relegated so hopefully Reading are not the first!

Team selection is a difficult one as there is a good argument for dropping at least 6-7 of them. No disrespect to Jedinak but we need more energy in midfield so Bjarnason if fit, or even Tuanzebe who has the physicality, class and mobility to do that role. Does Lansbury deserve another chance? Probably not on yesterday’s form but Hourihane has looked a bit jaded and was slated by Ireland fans and dropping someone after 1 bad performance would mean 7 or 8 changes per game at present!

As bad as he was yesterday, Grealish has to start as we have so little creativity. In a 2 man central midfield he looks lost so he has to play behind the striker or at the head of a diamond if we went mad and played 2 strikers. At home to Reading, I’d go for the later with Hogan and Grabban starting up front, but can’t see Bruce doing that.

7 or 8 points should be enough for a play off spot, so a win and we are almost there. A loss and we could be looking over our shoulder. If our form over the last 3 games continues over the next 7 then we could easily miss out. I will try and keep the faith and, with little confidence, go 2-1 Villa.

--------Johnstone---------
Elmo Chester Terry Hutton
--------- Whelan-----------
Adoma Hourihane Snodgrass
---------- Grealish ----------
----------Grabban------------

Wolves fan in peace, Lads I've got to say Reading are the worst team we've played all season even Burton gave us more of a game.
Understand some of your supporters are even worried you may not stay in the playoffs, got to say if you can't beat Reading that will be the time to worry.
We've got Hull on Tuesday & like Reading these teams are fighting for their lives & will make it difficult, we'll be missing Neves & Matt Docherty 2 inspirational players but like Villa. we both should get the 3 pts.
Please guys dont think we as Wolves fans think we're guaranteed promotion by any means alot of our fans like me still know theres work to be done.
I think 2 wins should see us over the line but more likely 3, & I'm sure your all glad to know it could be the Blues game that gets us there (hopefully relegate them)?.
Sorry to say but I think automatic promotion for you is gone after yesterdays result, but you need to avoid Fulham in the playoffs, Derby are on the slide, & as for Mbro they play horrible football proper Pullis & if you watched our game against em they kicked us off the park & even down to 9 men for 25mins couldn't beat us.
Got to say that ex player of yours(I think) Tryora he's quick & wouldn't mind him down our place.
If you got Fulham in a final its anybodys.
Wolf In Peace ??

Players like Tuanzebe and Onomah have to be played in their preferred positions and used in similar positions/formations they were used to, otherwise it is pointless taking them in on loan

We can still get 91 points JF , and who knows where that would put us at the end of the season.

No reason why we can't win the last 7 games , after all we went on that winning run after losing at Brentford , which was a far worse performance than Saturday so why can't we do that again ?

I want to see a bit of purpose and energy from us in this game. Grab it by the scruff of the neck and make Reading worry about us rather than safety first approaches. I'd like to see us sweeping forward with sharp, pacy passing instead of this stop go nonsense that seems to have us playing back and forwards across an opposition defence that's had plenty of time to get into an organised shape.
I want a Ferrari for Christmas as well.

"We go again...." :eek!:

Reading in town on Tuesday, I'm sure we're all looking forward to catching up with Leandro "Champions League" Bacuna.

A must-win, as are all the games from here on in.

What do we think, Vital Villans?
Obviously Leo realised that the teams in the Champions League often visit Reading to scout talent more than they ever do at VP. Just our luck if the bloke scores against us. Wonder what the odds are?

We can still get 91 points JF , and who knows where that would put us at the end of the season.

No reason why we can't win the last 7 games , after all we went on that winning run after losing at Brentford , which was a far worse performance than Saturday so why can't we do that again ?
I admire your confidence and I really hope you are right but knowing how our season has gone so far I am not too sure.

It's not confidence South Caost Villan , but optimism.

I am too optimistic for my own good though , it means the disappointments are worse.

Like a said though I can't see any reason why we can't win the last 7 having already performed a similar feat.