Aston Villa v QPR Match Thread - 1st Jan 2019, 3pm | Page 5 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v QPR Match Thread - 1st Jan 2019, 3pm

Interesting team selection for today I think. Think the defence will be more comfortable with an actual goalkeeper behind them. Steer's one chance to impress. New defence - worryingly (although can't do much worse).

Going for a win, of course, but think our wingers need to step up a gear.

Villa 2 - 0 QPR

Worried about today.

Not that I think Elphick shouldn't come back in.

Not that I think Nyland shouldn't be anywhere near the sticks.

But we are just throwing a defence together. It's not great I'm afraid.

I'm a bit worried about these rumours that Chester could be missing.
Has anybody got any genuine news on this?

I went on the Mail website earlier for the first time in months.

It was diabolical - each paragraph was one sentence long.

Like this post.

It was like reading a Ladybird book.

There must be some clever social media marketing reason for this.

Or the readers have the attention span of a gnat.

Or a Sun reader.

Or both.

Or maybe it was just Gregg Evans.

I didn't read anything else.

It's the sad state of the industry. Certainly not the fault of Gregg. Often feels like a race to the bottom. Used to get loads of views on here for in depth reports, previews, long blogs and opinion pieces. But when we do those now, they just don't float.

Even the stuff I do on the fcg which takes time and effort seems to be a miss when compared to a bit of gossip.

And with adverts, the industry hasn't recovered really from the big recession and with the market uncertainty now, I can't see that changing.

Then you get the people using services with ad blockers which is no different to walking into a shop and taking what you want for free. There is a cost to the content provider regardless.

I'm hoping forums grow back in prominence over the anger filled bile of Facebook and twitter.

It needed shaking up.
So happy with the wide and midfield changes.

Still worried about the patch up defence.

It must be said McLaren is doing a decent job at QPR as other than the front 2 I’ve never heard of any of that side out today.

They appear to have Joanna Lumley in goal too. Probably does a better job than Nyland.

Just in. Like the team selection. Positive. Could still be a tricky game; QPR have been fairly solid of late and the new selection may take time to find it's feet. But it's the way to go.