Aston Villa v Newcastle Utd Match Thread - Tues 30th Jan - 8.15 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Newcastle Utd Match Thread - Tues 30th Jan - 8.15

Massive game. We simply cannot afford a loss

We got battered 1st game we have to set that straight as that was a pathetic start to the season

Unleash bailey on them

Yes after about 65 mins
I don't think we can start Diaby he's too out of form . I do suspect Emery will start both Bailey and Diaby though, I just hope they aren't getting under each other's feet as usual . I'd tell Diaby to stay out wide and on turnovers get the ball out to him quickly

I don't think we can start Diaby he's too out of form . I do suspect Emery will start both Bailey and Diaby though, I just hope they aren't getting under each other's feet as usual . I'd tell Diaby to stay out wide and on turnovers get the ball out to him quickly
That's the problem , they get in each others way and leave us light in midfield

Bailey didn't play against them at home last season. He did at St James Park this season though , so perhaps he is a jinx on this particular fixture.
He was pretty crap up there and left Cash exposed but he always does its the price you pay for the occasional brilliance.

The ref for this game who I can't remember his name (as it should be), has a record of winning 6 Drawn 1 in our favour from his 7 appearances.