Aston Villa v Manchester City- Sunday 12th January 2020, KO 4.30pm Premier League League - Preview and MDT | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Manchester City- Sunday 12th January 2020, KO 4.30pm Premier League League - Preview and MDT

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on Aston Villa: "We have to play all the teams. Sometimes they're at the top, sometimes in the middle, sometimes at the bottom. It's a historic club. They changed their last set-up in the last game. We'll try to maintain the dynamic we have."

Kevin De Bruyne has been given the all clear to play after coming off in the latter stages of our Manchester Derby win during midweek.

Aymeric Laporte nears a return to first team action but will not feature at Villa Park.

Leroy Sane was back on the training pitch earlier this week following his injury lay-off but is similarly not ready for a return to action yet.

View from the opposition...📢
Villa boss Dean Smith: "We played the second-placed team in the Carabao Cup and now we're playing the team that are third and have won back-to-back titles.

"They have a world-class coach and world-class players, they can afford to spend £50m on a right back, so we know the test."

giphy.webp

XI | Ederson, Cancelo, Stones, Fernandinho, Mendy, Rodrigo, D Silva (C), De Bruyne, Jesus, Mahrez, Aguero.
SUBS | Bravo, Walker, Gundogan, Sterling, Otamendi, Foden, Bernardo.

Come on City!!!

(These late Sunday kick offs......:arrghh: ....have the potential to make it break an otherwise enjoyable weekend!)

Nightmare scenario.......Drinkwater has made only one PL appearance in the last 22 months. I hate these situations.

It is the only thing I've had to look forward to all weekend. Surviving a storm yesterday, and have to move my girls after the match. :LOL: Cone on City!!!!!!!!!!

That's what always gets me.........look forward to something all weekend but still tinged with the nerves. I won't enjoy it until we're 4-0 up! With 5 mins to go!!