Aston Villa v Manchester City- Sunday 12th January 2020, KO 4.30pm Premier League League - Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Manchester City- Sunday 12th January 2020, KO 4.30pm Premier League League - Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
On The Road Again
After all the Cup action recently we are back on the premier League trail, The Title surely has gone down the East Lancs Road, but now the aim is to maintain a top four finish and we travel to the Midlands to take on Aston Villa, a potential sleeping giant who have been struggling so far in their first season back in the Premier.

City too have had their problems against the lower teams in the League as well as a number of injuries injustices for and against, but City must take these teams seriously and put them to the sword if possible. We are still one of the top scorers in the league, but this season we have missed more chances to put the opposition away and we need to find that consistency and free flowing football that makes us a joy to watch no matter which team you support.

City Team News
Out Sane

Doubtful Laporte

City - connections - Joleon Lescott, Richard Dunne, Earl Barrett, John Burridge(again) Scott Carson, Fabian Delph, Shay Given, Adrian Heath, Stephen Ireland, Mark Lillis, Bobby McDonald, Steve McMahon, James Milner, Tony Morley, David Platt (Coach), Peter Schmeichel (always regretted playing for us) Scott Sinclair, Daniel Sturridge, Stuart Taylor, Darius Vassell, Kyle Walker, Glen Whelan, Phil Woosnam,

Famous Fan - Jonathan Fear and Prince William in that order

possible starting Xl
Ederson
Cancelo Fernandinho Garcia Zinchenko
Gundogan Bernardo, Mahrez
De Bruyne, Silva(C)
Jesus

Match Officials
Referee:
Jonathan Moss.
Assistants:
Harry Lennard, Eddie Smart.
Fourth official: David Coote.
FVAR: Graham Scott (hates City looks for anything that will be against them on FVAR can spot a handball but not a nailed on penalty)
Assistant FVAR: Adam Nunn.

Next

Sat 18 Jan Premier League 15:00 GMT

Manchester City
manchester_city_fc_badge.png
v Crystal Palace
cpalace.png

Last edited:
League form (last 6)

Villa -

18th P6 W2 D0 L4 GF5 GA13 (-8)

City -

2nd P6 W4 D0 L2 GF13 GA 7 (+6)

Last edited:
tat is a blow, did he just rule out Starting or actually in the squad, because he better not wear that sheep skin coat with no sleeves
I don’t remember exactly what he said but I got the impression he needs another week or so, so I don’t expect him to be on the Berti.
Cannot wait to see the furry stole again. 🙏💙

I thought you might have mentioned Hugh Grant's Burnley prediction!
Great! A new Guy Richey movie!:grinning: Safe to say, the 2 celebrity knobs have never seen a ball kicked. The Rags beating anyone 8 nil is ridiculous, and Hugh daring to go against the chosen ones. Hollyweird has obviously affected those two's brains.:oops:

I thought they performed quite well against Leicester and got a draw, JK, and may still get out of trouble.
Watford have been reborn, but can't see Villa staying out of the drop zone, which is a pity for a big club like Villa.

[QUOTE="johnkelv, post: 2143442, member: 143 but can't see Villa staying out of the drop zone, which is a pity for a big club like Villa.[/QUOTE]

I don’t recall any sympathy ever for us when we were garbage and dropping out of the PL in 1996. Zero. No “too big to go down” then. It took me a while but I eventually accepted that we were where we were because we were rubbish and that the league table doesn’t lie. But as a club they always try and Plato I have a smidgen of sympathy.........or at least I will have after Sunday.

Now Norwich. I cannot believe we lost to that bunch. Have they won a game since they had their season high beating us?

[QUOTE="johnkelv, post: 2143442, member: 143 but can't see Villa staying out of the drop zone, which is a pity for a big club like Villa.

I don’t recall any sympathy ever for us when we were garbage and dropping out of the PL in 1996. Zero. No “too big to go down” then. It took me a while but I eventually accepted that we were where we were because we were rubbish and that the league table doesn’t lie. But as a club they always try and Plato I have a smidgen of sympathy.........or at least I will have after Sunday.

Now Norwich. I cannot believe we lost to that bunch. Have they won a game since they had their season high beating us?[/QUOTE]
I like teams with a big supporter base to be at the top level and I don't believe in the 3 up 3 down system as it de values top tier status. Norwich are doomed, but the other 2 to drop could be as high as Everton ( unlikely).