Aston Villa V Man City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd September 17:30pm k.o. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Aston Villa V Man City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd September 17:30pm k.o.

Doesn’t appear to be anywhere near sold out which is a first in a while but hardly a surprise given the high prices and crap football.

£53 my mate paid for a ticket in The DE Stand.
This didn't shift all the tickets last season either, so it might just be the opposition.
However today's is the 1st "A classified" game under the new ticketing prices, which means the cheapest seat is approx £41.
With match day and season ticket prices having risen (for some) by so much, combined with the bilge being served up by the manager and the players following his instructions, is it little wonder some Villa fans are being priced out of attending?
Ambitions having changed from challenging for top 6/8 to surviving bottom 6 may also have opened eyes.
The club didn't read the room when they decided on their increases, knowing there was a cost of living crisis which was only going to deepen in the Autumn.
It will be interesting to see how many more matches will not be sell-outs in the coming months.

This didn't shift all the tickets last season either, so it might just be the opposition.
However today's is the 1st "A classified" game under the new ticketing prices, which means the cheapest seat is approx £41.
With match day and season ticket prices having risen (for some) by so much, combined with the bilge being served up by the manager and the players following his instructions, is it little wonder some Villa fans are being priced out of attending?
Ambitions having changed from challenging for top 6/8 to surviving bottom 6 may also have opened eyes.
The club didn't read the room when they decided on their increases, knowing there was a cost of living crisis which was only going to deepen in the Autumn.
It will be interesting to see how many more matches will not be sell-outs in the coming months.
I think they probably did read the room and knew the cost of living crisis would knock out the casual attender, so targeted Season Ticket holders and diehards to make up the shortfall.

Grealish out apparently so at least the extra layer of humiliation that would be him scoring against us is ruled out.

Aston Villa v Manchester City -

• Aston Villa are winless in their last 11 top-flight meetings with Manchester City (D1, L10), losing each of the last seven by an aggregate score of 22-5.
  • City have won 14 of their last 16 league games against Villa (D1, L1) - their only defeat in this run was a 3-2 loss at Villa Park in September 2013.
  • The champions have won 28 Premier League games against the Villans - against no side do they have a better record
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62697703

Surely has to change the system tonight….4231 would help us to be more solid at the back without the fullbacks being caught so far up the bloody pitch, the likes of McGinn and Ramsey having to cover and having gaping holes in the middle of the park. If he sticks to his favoured narrow formation it’ll lead to his sacking so it’s about time he started to show some flexibility….think the players we’ve got would suit this much better tbh….sadly I think most of us live in hope rather than expectation!
COYVB……..:utv::utv::utv::utv:

This is what I'd play
................Martinez
Cash Konsa Mings Digne
.....Luiz Kamara Dendoncker
.... Bailey Watkins JJ

and pray

We will win this, no doubt in my mind. I have put ManC in my acca and so its a stone cold certainty we will sneak a win and my bet will be down the drain.

Anyway, here's my, admittedly amateur, attempt at setting up against Man. City.

...........................................Martinez

Cash............Konsa/Bednarek......... Mings.....................Digne

..........................................Kamara

Dendonker...................Luis................Ramsey

..........................................Buendia

...........................................Watkins

Depending on whether Gerrard is willing to chuck the new boys in and on their fitness.
I don't know if L.D. is naturally left or right sided.
It's academic anyway considering the opposition today.

Anyway, here's my, admittedly amateur, attempt at setting up against Man. City.

...........................................Martinez

Cash............Konsa/Bednarek......... Mings.....................Digne

..........................................Kamara

Dendonker...................Luis................Ramsey

..........................................Buendia

...........................................Watkins

Depending on whether Gerrard is willing to chuck the new boys in and on their fitness.
I don't know if L.D. is naturally left or right sided.
It's academic anyway considering the opposition today.
Looks like he uses either foot but dribbles right footed

I don’t know what team I’d pick for this, so good luck to Stevie G.

All I know is I would let Citeh have the ball anywhere beyond 40 yards from our goal and get 11 men behind the ball.

I would start Ollie purely to punish them on the break.

I’m in two minds about Bailey, because he is an option for the break but let’s be honest, he’s pretty shit for us. A talented player but he can’t or won’t defend and will probably do silly things when he gets his 20 seconds on the ball.