Aston Villa V Man City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd September 17:30pm k.o. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Aston Villa V Man City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd September 17:30pm k.o.

a more 'solid' formation should have been tried some time ago as we've far too many lightweights (let alone whatever the daft formation is supposed to be)

Still - no better time to try new players in a new formation than against City -
oh

Not looking forward to this, it could be a horror show. Liverpool beat Bournemouth 9-0 the other week and this is the benchmark Man City will want to match. A bad day and it could easily be the worst result at Villa Park in history.

I would start Ollie purely to punish them on the break.

Considering Watkin's woeful performance last time versus Man City I'd be tempted to go with Archer. We might get one chance all match and I wouldn't trust that with Watkins, Archer knows how to take chances. I'd also be tempted with Bailey up front just for his pace

Ah. Yes . I remember him. He was the one that we wouldn't miss and would be better off without.

Must admit its going swimmingly so far isn't it.

I still think you could plonk him in this side and we'd challenge for Europe. Though with a better manager obviously.

I'm sort of half terrified half interested to see what Haaland is made of. He's arguably one of the best in the world currently and looking like being one of the best of his generation.

Been a while since the Premier league had such a player since Ronaldo left for Madrid as although the Premier league might have a higher quality of player overall the very best have usually been with the Spanish giants or now PSG.

Hopefully a 4-2-3-1
Stick Bednarek in the standard back 4 with Mings
Dead-donkey and Kamara as the 2 defensive midfielders
Then Luiz, JJ and Buendia with Ollie up top.

Bit then again, what do I know. JM won’t be dropped and tired of second guessing Gerrard.

No Dendonker. Looks to be the same as always, only with less creativity with JR left inside forward.

Pmsl. Literally making it up as he goes along.. For months normally either PC or the Norfolk Messi. Now neither. Throwing the cards up again Stevie Geeeeeeee.
:rofl: