Aston Villa v Liverpool - Sat 2nd Nov, 3pm - Match Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Liverpool - Sat 2nd Nov, 3pm - Match Thread

This. Unless he was injured or struggling, subbing off DL was worst managerial decision this season

I actually thought he did look out on his feet and to be fair Hourihane did get into a position at 1-0 that had Wesley made himself more available for might have changed the game. Look again its if's and maybe's.

I think if there is any game this season to search for positives it is this one. Reality is we didnt even deserve to be winning it should have been 1-1 at HT. We were clinging at times and the pressure was too much two lapses of concentration is all it took. El Ghazi has to follow his man and I dont know what to say about the corner Kodjia is waiting for it, Hourihane lets his man get the jump on him and nobody is on the post.

We gave a smashing account of ourselves and if we can get Davis up to speed or get a new CF we will be well clear of the bottom. Wesley has habits that are hurts us he either falls to the floor or gives away soft free kicks. Its shocking.

Sorry to bring it up, but the sooner we find a replacement for Wesley the better.Roll on January.

Tbf to him, we hardly had the ball and he did do a lot more chasing than he's done in any prior game.

That said, he's clearly not up to playing in the PL and for every Nakamba buy there's a Wesley buy I'm afraid.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone at the end of the season but I'd really like DS to get this sorted in January as we're pretty awesome in CH and CM with fuck all threat up front.

Absolutely gutted as we deserved at least a point from that. Not sure what the officials talked about at half time but they obviously decided that every 50-50 would be a Liverpool free kick as they have them everything. Also not sure where they got 5 minutes of extra time from.

Can't decide motm between Trezeguet and marvelous. Defence was immense as well. I see that we've been relegated already by some on here. Not sure how you can judge that from a game where we gave the best side in Europe a hell of a scare but then again I'm not the genius who wanted Dean Smith sacked in march so I obviously know bugger all.

It was coming. We give away late goals..always have done. They score late goals...always have done. Subs were pathetic. Maybe Liverpool should have scored before they did anyway. 15th and in a relegation fight now.

McGinn - 1 foul from behind, 1 yellow
Trez - 1 foul from behind, 1 yellow
Mane - 3 fouls from behind, 0 yellow
And who got an assist and a goal to win the game? Oh that’s right, the player who should’ve received his second yellow card for diving in the first half.
And did I miss the lengthy stoppage in the second half when the trainers came on to ensure five minutes of added time?

It was coming. We give away late goals..always have done. They score late goals...always have done. Subs were pathetic. Maybe Liverpool should have scored before they did anyway. 15th and in a relegation fight now.

We have been in a relegation fight from day 1.

The way we play, I think a little scampering bastard up front (maupay, benhrahma) is more suited than a lump. Speed, awkwardness, moaning and diving - a modern day David Speedie, but not shit.

Maybe the rangers lad is worth a punt after all. With keinan injured, I’d say archer is our best forward- which is a shocking indictment of the others

Odd isn't it? But true.

My erstwhile colleague Deano whatsapped saying just that. It's every bleeding time.

Pleased with the bottle and battle of our lot today.

Be easier to have lost three nil I think.

And who got an assist and a goal to win the game? Oh that’s right, the player who should’ve received his second yellow card for diving in the first half.
And did I miss the lengthy stoppage in the second half when the trainers came on to ensure five minutes of added time?
Every substitution adds on 30 seconds...so blame smith for that.

You have to wonder if the prem have a hidden agenda.

And Mane should have been sent off when he dived. He was told by the ref after his second foul (from behind) that the next one would be a yellow. Within about 10 minutes he'd committed 2 more fouls with no booking only to finally get yellow for his dive. He then went on to commit at least 2 more fouls.