Aston Villa v Liverpool - Sat 2nd Nov, 3pm - Match Thread | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Liverpool - Sat 2nd Nov, 3pm - Match Thread

A better team than Man City I think. Whoop for how even and balanced the Premier League is!

Anyway. Clearly a Villa win :utv:

The last Villa team to play Liverpool. On that horrendous day...

Bunn,
Richards, Okore, Lescott, Cissokho
Bacuna, Westwood, Gueye, Veretout
Gil, Agbonlahor

Subs: Guzan, Clark, Sinclair, Richardson, Hutton, Lyden, Davis.

How many of that squad would get in todays first team? Just Davis for me, as I hope he starts Saturday. Would Gueye even get in?

Every time I think about that game mate - a little sick comes up and needs to be swallowed back down.

The lowest ebb of my Villa life, without question.

Same here, never seen us battered at Villa Park like that. I think the worst before was a freak 4-0 defeat by Blackburn near the start of the season around the mid 90's.

I am fully confident Deanos team won't let us down like that. We may lose, but not like that.

Same here, never seen us battered at Villa Park like that. I think the worst before was a freak 4-0 defeat by Blackburn near the start of the season around the mid 90's.

I am fully confident Deanos team won't let us down like that. We may lose, but not like that.

Seen us take a few good beatings over the years, the worst I think was 6-2 at home to Arsenal around 83 when we still had most the European Cup team!
The difference was the team that lost to Liverpool completely gave up and were all looking at each other trying to pass on any blame. This wasnt helped by the fact the most uninspiring manager I have ever witnessed at VP was watching on emotionless from the dugout. Its got me riled up just thinking about it

Bunn,
Gil, Agbonlahor

How many of that squad would get in todays first team? Just Davis for me, as I hope he starts Saturday. Would Gueye even get in?

There was a lot of debate a few weeks ago about whether we would stay up or not. There was a lot of pessimism on here, seeing that line up has justified for me why we are in a much better position to stay up this season which we can then build from.

That was a shocking team, Gueye and Veretout were decent, the other 9 probably have varied reviews depending on how you ask. That back four in defence, my good god ?

Aaaaaand......... back to this game, with a different squad and a new coaching team and loads of optimism. We are at home, mighty test but I feel we are equiped to give them a game. My only worry is that lapse in concetration that seems to afflict us. Strong start, move through the gears and punish them ala December 1976. Get in!!!!!!:utv:

I'm looking forward to it. Don't really see anywhere we can hurt them and I don't think we are very strong at defending out wide, which is their area of expertise obviously, but we are due a win against one of the bigger teams in the league and Liverpool are more than due a loss.

By the law of averages Liverpool have to be below par and lose at some point don't they....?! If they're not quite at it and we are, who knows?! Vital that Jack plays me thinks if we're to cause an upset. Perhaps a VAR call may even go in our favour...less than likely I know but we can but hope!

Bunn,
Gil, Agbonlahor

It’s only when looking back you realise how dreadful that team was, absolutely woeful.

Our first real test at home this season, would be nice to be the team that gives them their first loss and silence that little corner of Villa Park on Saturday, can’t stand the whinging scousers.

I’m really up for this game, we are going to make Liverpool work hard for the win if they get it.I said it before the city game we’ll do ourselves proud and we will again Saturday... we may even do city a favour in the meantime.

Watching the Liverpool Spurs game on Sunday, the reds were a class above spurs so this obviously will be a very tough game. Need to cut their full backs of play, I’d play the same team as we did against city. Guilbert will have his toughest test of the season up against Mane too.

In case anyone didn’t know... Liverpool fans needed 4+ away to go to Man U away the other week, for this Saturday at our place they needed 18+. In summary, we’re bigger than Man U (Info given to me by a Liverpool member).