Aston Villa v Leeds United, Sunday 23rd Dec, 1.30pm - Match Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leeds United, Sunday 23rd Dec, 1.30pm - Match Thread

I can see why some think Smith is a bit naive.

It all very well going for the win. But playing your rivals who could be out of sight at the top of the league if you lose, You must not lose.

like i said before the game if you have hourihane and whelan in midfield your going to be on the back foot we just invited pressure and eventually it told.

Elmo not good enough. He's not been great since Bruce left. Dean now knows, if he didn't already, that he has to seriously strengthen the defence in January. Elmo's actually costing us more points than Nyland.

Misery until we thrash Swans on Boxing Day. Down to 11th, and Blues above us...

I am really pissed!! The only good thing is the next few games seem to be very easy until WBA on 23. Feb. I still think LUFC and Norwich will collapse like the last years...

No need for panic. That defeat was totally down to one useless twat who should never play for us again.
We were one missed chance from turning them over.

Having gone 2-0 up today we played like a bunch of part time amateurs.

Giving it away and pumping it long and back to Leeds. We let them completely dominate the game.

Ultimately though, Elmo isn’t a RB, Hutton isn’t a LB, and Bree isn’t a CB and that back line is a joke.

I like dean smith but the last two games he has got it tactically wrong he has to find a way of playing attacking football with out grealish. Whelan is not the answer.

When you bring your subs on you hope they are going to give you some fresh impetus, but EL Ghazi was poor again and Hogan is just shite. We looked stronger before taking Kodjia and Bolasie off. Leeds played well to be fair to them, but we need to keep hold of the ball better. We were making it easy for them to set attacks up late in the 2nd half.

I can see why some think Smith is a bit naive.

It all very well going for the win. But playing your rivals who could be out of sight at the top of the league if you lose, You must not lose.

Not naive. Even before Smith arrived if we tried to defend we conceded goals. Our strength is scoring goals. Far safer to attack.

Difference between drawing and losing, considering where we are, isn't much. To stand a chance of top two we needed to win this. Not winning means aiming for the playoffs is the realistic objective.

Having gone 2-0 up today we played like a bunch of part time amateurs.

Giving it away and pumping it long and back to Leeds. We let them completely dominate the game.

Ultimately though, Elmo isn’t a RB, Hutton isn’t a LB, and Bree isn’t a CB and that back line is a joke.

He had no choice though due to potato head