Aston Villa v Fulham Match Thread - Sun 4 April - 4.30pm - Sky | Page 31 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Fulham Match Thread - Sun 4 April - 4.30pm - Sky

The argument I suppose is that Luiz is better on the ball, but since Christmas he's not doing anything with it. Can't remember the last time I said "brilliant pass by Dougie." Marv is simple in possession, but much more effective off the ball - covers more ground, wins tackles more, tracks runners better and only gives away fouls when absolutely necessary. Dougie is good for 2/3 stupid fouls per match.
Not a coincidence that Marv was in the role when we've had our "better" performances since Christmas.....

I am not seeing what others are seeing as far as Luiz' attacking ability goes. It makes sense to start Luiz if he was either a better DM than Marv or if they were both equally good at it but Luiz was effective when we attack. But the fact is he isnt. Hence for me Marv starts always.

Well lads, haven't been on here since about 3.30pm as I was busy and wouldn't be able to watch the game live. Just finished watching it.

Looking forward to reading back through this thread and the roller-coaster ride from 4.30 this afternoon!

:LOL::LOL:

Well lads, haven't been on here since about 3.30pm as I was busy and wouldn't be able to watch the game live. Just finished watching it.

Looking forward to reading back through this thread and the roller-coaster ride from 4.30 this afternoon!

:LOL::LOL:

Just concentrate on the posts where I say Smith needs to bring Davis on and ignore the ones I made moaning about Trez 30 seconds before he scored the first.

Just watched it without knowing the result , great win after going behind , well done Trez , Traore and even Davies. We won without jack

Looked like Martinez went to take mitrovic down when he was going around him, glad he didn't as a straight red would have made him miss the liverpool, city and WBA games. But he didn't so it is irrelevant.
What bothers me is the law of averages..... if we get 4 corners/ free kicks / crossing opportunities, you'd imagine that professional footballers who have trained in taking these set pieces during the week would be able to pass to someone wearing the same Jersey as them... or at least beat the first man not wearing the same Jersey.
Dougie won't be playing for city next year.
Konsa is class.
El ghazi and bert are either very good or garbage but we can't afford to have both of them in the latter category at the same time.
Watkins strength is being a poacher- goals where he gets in and taps in, having Davis on the pitch allowed him to do that.... he's doing his best to evolve but playing high balls up to him or trying to get him to run at defences with the ball isn't his forte. Play a system that gets the best out of your players skills.
Some real tough games coming up, we really missed a trick over the last 8 games or so to get more points on the board. I would hate to see the season just fizzle out to finish outside the top 10.

Dean says he wished Keinan would get a goal but it might give him more of a chance if he actually played him. Surely when we have nothing to lose over the last seven or eight games he could have given him a start. In the above interview he seems to suggest that he can only play if Ollie doesn’t, which seems daft to me. Let’s not forget in the first 65 minutes of this match we looked no better than a team third from bottom. There is not enough aggression in the team and Davis may be able to provide that. In the last twenty minutes we had far more players forward and more heart provided by the two substitutes.

For the last 15/20 mins when we went 4114 and had a go Fulham couldn't live with us.
Made our defenders defend instead of 4 of them passing aimlessly around the back, it meant Fulhams back 4 had a man each to contend with.
We can't do it against a good team for 90 mins but when we need to get a goal or 3 FFS lets give it a go like that every game.

SJM is not a forward player at PL level he's a scrapper a plodder a battler, needs to be in the thick of it , I don't care how many he scores for the Sweaties against the Faroe Island and other such crap teams this is the PL .

Had Fulham not score this would have been 0-0 all day as we would not have changed a thing except the wide players as normal at 80 mins.

Great/lucky 3 points and a big relief to us all well done all 3 subs for that injection of adrenaline

Dean says he wished Keinan would get a goal but it might give him more of a chance if he actually played him. Surely when we have nothing to lose over the last seven or eight games he could have given him a start. In the above interview he seems to suggest that he can only play if Ollie doesn’t, which seems daft to me. Let’s not forget in the first 65 minutes of this match we looked no better than a team third from bottom. There is not enough aggression in the team and Davis may be able to provide that. In the last twenty minutes we had far more players forward and more heart provided by the two substitutes.

I don't think Keinan is a going to be goalscorer no matter how many games he plays from the start as that is not his strength. But yes he needs to be given enough games and game time to show what else he can do. We should use him like we did yesterday where he gave their defence a lot of trouble and let Ollie benefit from that. If we are going to play long balls in Jack's absence then Keinan has to be upfront with Ollie. Personally Jack or no Jack we should be playing those two from the start.

I would like to see the following:

Keinan Ollie
Elghazi Jack Traore
Marv
Targett Mings Konsa Cash

For the last 15/20 mins when we went 4114 and had a go Fulham couldn't live with us.
Made our defenders defend instead of 4 of them passing aimlessly around the back, it meant Fulhams back 4 had a man each to contend with.
We can't do it against a good team for 90 mins but when we need to get a goal or 3 FFS lets give it a go like that every game.

SJM is not a forward player at PL level he's a scrapper a plodder a battler, needs to be in the thick of it , I don't care how many he scores for the Sweaties against the Faroe Island and other such crap teams this is the PL .

Had Fulham not score this would have been 0-0 all day as we would not have changed a thing except the wide players as normal at 80 mins.

Great/lucky 3 points and a big relief to us all well done all 3 subs for that injection of adrenaline
Agreed, some act like he'd be this great attacking force if played further forward but I don't see it. He hardly scored a lot in the Championship when he had more of a licence.

Spot on, couldn’t agree more, begs the question, why has it taken him so long for the penny to drop, I can’t help feeling if it stayed at 0-0, things would’ve been left again.