Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Match Thread Sat 16th 3pm | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Match Thread Sat 16th 3pm

Of course the most important thing about this game will be the return of half time wisdom and sensibility.

Might only be gameweek 5 but think this is a hugely significant game for many reasons.

Ollie needs a goal or two, we're exactly mid table and depending on results it could be a three place swing, and then there's the away form which puts extra pressure on picking up points at home. Should be beating Palace at our house if we want to be top 8 and that's a possibility this weekend.

Don't think it's a given having said that, Roy has had a great return there. Big test for me this one.

Fortress Villa Park, 8 wins on the bounce and we still aren't confident. This is how years and years of poor home form have got us.
If there is such a thing as a routine home win this is it.
I think it's going to take a whole season of routine home wins to get me thinking about such things

Fortress Villa Park, 8 wins on the bounce and we still aren't confident. This is how years and years of poor home form have got us.
I think it's going to take a whole season of routine home wins to get me thinking about such things
I like your sentiment. There is no such thing as routine with Villa. As always it's the hope that kills you. Start to believe and it's snatched from you. Too many variables with our lot for winning to become routine, but as you say, this should be one of them, but I expect them to make it very difficult for us to play our new game.

I like your sentiment. There is no such thing as routine with Villa. As always it's the hope that kills you. Start to believe and it's snatched from you. Too many variables with our lot for winning to become routine, but as you say, this should be one of them, but I expect them to make it very difficult for us to play our new game.
The last time was the 76/77 season which was routine

i remember taking my 2 daughters, at the witton end, against palace, morty and cowans played, it ended up 2 nil to the villa, its going back a bit, but a brilliant perfornance,,seanie

Only our second home game. Unai trying to outfox the sly old git Roy who will come for a point. It will be a long game I expect

I don't think Palace have been like that under Roy this time round, they seem to be a bit more gung ho and look dangerous going forward.

Just looked at the table….didn’t realise Palace were above us tbh! They’ve had a decent start though two victories over Sheff Utd and Wolves isn’t too much to get excited about I guess. And after the Kevin Friend fiasco any win over them is hugely satisfying! Time to get one over wily old Woy!