Aston Villa v Chelsea - Sun 23rd May - 4pm - Sky | Page 31 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Chelsea - Sun 23rd May - 4pm - Sky

Bizarre decision.

If you raise your hand I thought it was an automatic red. How can that be rescinded ?

I once got sent off (only ever time I was sent off :innocent:) for having a punch up on the last game of the season, the referee didn’t put it through. That was Sunday league...

It was soft, he wasn't looking - neither was Jack which explains his reaction as he just felt it - I can only imagine they've gone with it wasn't a deliberate hand raise, he just accidently caught him. But even then, does that tick the referee got it wrong box - not for me.

Not watched a replay since the game, but I'm still 50/50 on it.

I can't think of what his arm doing that was supposed to achieve unless he was going for the actors bodyflop tantrum but equally it wasn't a punch?

I see Azpillicueta had his red card for smacking Jack in the face overturned.

Bit strange, because if it wasn't a red, as Melon said, how couldn't VAR sort it.

But also, if he didn't strike Jack (he did) then they are surely saying Jack cheated.

Made the most of it? Like all these namby pambies these days (it needs to stop - but it won't be!) yes, sure, but he was touched.

How odd.

Disgusting. A Big Six player sent off just for shoving his hand in a lower club's player's face. Obviously wrong. Jack should have been sent off for hitting his hand with his (Jack's) face. They need to sort this sort of thing out.

Azpillicueta definitely struck out at him. To be fair, Jack may have caught him the moment before. But it doesn't excuse it.

I find it hard to care these days, they are all as bad as each other with all this diving and feigning injury. It is, or has, ruined the game ... for me anyway.

Used to be called cheating, now it is called being professional. I (and some of the team of 82 I know) stick with calling it cheating.

Jack did roll around like a fanny .
Azp-can’tbebotheredtospellit flicked his hand at Jack, at best .
So basically it was 2 fannies being stupid .

And talking of fannies. Anyone else notice the comedy of Anwar throwing himself to the floor chasing the ball out of the box from an over hit cross in the second half.

Embarrassing.

I think Touchy felt that we were cheating because we didn't just roll over for them. After all, they were chasing the CL spots and we had nothing to play for. They are also an ESL team and we are just an also ran.

The red card happened about 15 yards in front of me. It was the clearest red card for petulant “violent” conduct I’ve ever seen. It is explicitly states in the laws of football that “deliberately striking an opponent in the head or face with the hand or arm” is violent conduct. Quite how they’ve overturned it is beyond me, someone at the top has probably received a brown envelope to change the decision

Jack did roll around like a fanny .
Azp-can’tbebotheredtospellit flicked his hand at Jack, at best .
So basically it was 2 fannies being stupid .

And talking of fannies. Anyone else notice the comedy of Anwar throwing himself to the floor chasing the ball out of the box from an over hit cross in the second half.

Embarrassing.

Mind you you should have heard the scream from Thiago Silva when McGinn fouled him for his yellow card he then rolled around like no one else until the yellow card came out and then got up and ran off.

The red card happened about 15 yards in front of me. It was the clearest red card for petulant “violent” conduct I’ve ever seen. It is explicitly states in the laws of football that “deliberately striking an opponent in the head or face with the hand or arm” is violent conduct. Quite how they’ve overturned it is beyond me, someone at the top has probably received a brown envelope to change the decision
Or a visit from the Russian mafia (allegedly)