Aston Villa v Chelsea, Sat 27 April, 8pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Chelsea, Sat 27 April, 8pm

Yep, a bit of pay back for the 8-0 at their place a few years back and a dick in the eye for Slippy G for daring to put up the white flag of surrender before we’d even got on the battlefield.

So many injustices to be righted from the last 20 years or so, where we’ve been a shadow of the once and future great club that is Aston Villa. This is our time to shine and dicking Chelsea would be very, very satisfying.
"Winston ' Merd.

Just have a nagging feeling about this one.

Could be one of those twist and turn games that I have said about.

Wouldn’t want to be Spuds facing the Goons and a nine point gap at KO tomorrow. But a draw tonight wouldn’t also be a bad thing taking in the overall picture and recent results looking at the blocks of games.

Could have done with this being a regular kick off time today as now my wife will be expecting me to be helping her out in the garden. Bloody sky.

If we play to the level we know we can we'll win this, if we don't we might struggle. Chelsea can be a bit of a shambles at times but they've a lot of quick, tricky youngsters who will run all day. That's how they murdered us in the cup, they simply swarmed us. Can't allow that to happen.

Huge game because as stated by Melon above it means spurs going into the north London derby 9 points behind us. Every pointy dropped out of those 3 games in hand will be seen as a disaster. Massive game but they all are now.

Wouldn’t want to be Spuds facing the Goons and a nine point gap at KO tomorrow. But a draw tonight wouldn’t also be a bad thing taking in the overall picture and recent results looking at the blocks of games.
I think we all worry about getting carried away mate, it's what we do as football fans. It's small margins like it was in the cup game against Chelsea, we could have been 2 up in the first few minutes and missed a couple of sitters but Chelsea got the breaks. It's how it goes sometimes.
It went for us against Bournemouth, we could have been 3 down at HT but it was 1-1. We need to eliminate these silly goals we gift the opposition, we've conceded twice the goals of Arsenal but matched the top 3 with goals scored.
I think its knowing when to play out and when to hit row z

Season defining game and therefore the biggest game so far this season. Win and I think we virtually lock up 4th place. Losing isn’t the end of the world but it gives other teams hope. We need to destroy a demoralised Chelsea that have struggled in front of goal, no gifts, no half measures. Hope we are “at it” from the off and don’t relent until they have given up.

As @sirdennis says: I’m bang up for this one and relishing the challenge. Interesting match ups all over the place and we can really send a message to MOTD, Sky and the rest.

COYVB :utv::utv::utv:

Home advantage and us finding a bit of form results wise should see us through I think. A draw will take us 7 points ahead of spurs with a superior goal difference - who would have thought that after they went above us a few weeks back. Watkins will be key again tonight - another Bournemouth performance from him and we will have a fabulous chance.

Home advantage and us finding a bit of form results wise should see us through I think. A draw will take us 7 points ahead of spurs with a superior goal difference - who would have thought that after they went above us a few weeks back. Watkins will be key again tonight - another Bournemouth performance from him and we will have a fabulous chance.
Had a look around Spurs Fighting Cock forum in the week and there were a lot of post along the lines of Europa League will suit them best because they dont have a good enough squad for CL, and neither do Villa. Sour grapes yes, but also a measure of acceptance.

Had a look around Spurs Fighting Cock forum in the week and there were a lot of post along the lines of Europa League will suit them best because they dont have a good enough squad for CL, and neither do Villa. Sour grapes yes, but also a measure of acceptance.
Both of those are probably true. Something either of us will need to rectify as well as possible when one of us makes it.

Trouble is that’s completely the wrong attitude in this financial dependant world. It’s like saying clubs shouldn’t be promoted from the championship because they come straight back down. Obviously a different level but Luton have benefited hugely from promotion and have been at the very least competitive - they have also attracted better players with a bigger squad of more quality. Yes it’s going to be a tough ask in the CL should we get there but surely it will be a fantastic ride along with the riches it brings and the chance to face some huge teams along with seeing if we have any players that can go up another level along with any that come in. It also means we will keep players.

Trouble is that’s completely the wrong attitude in this financial dependant world. It’s like saying clubs shouldn’t be promoted from the championship because they come straight back down. Obviously a different level but Luton have benefited hugely from promotion and have been at the very least competitive - they have also attracted better players with a bigger squad of more quality. Yes it’s going to be a tough ask in the CL should we get there but surely it will be a fantastic ride along with the riches it brings and the chance to face some huge teams along with seeing if we have any players that can go up another level along with any that come in. It also means we will keep players.
Leicester got to the quarter finals, so it’s not impossible to get out of the group stage. Gotta go for it, the chance may never come again. The players that will be attracted to us will improve the squad and Unai has a plan for every eventuality. Spuds fans are attempting to soften the blow, they’d all take a CL spot now given the opportunity.

Post of the season Tarzan.

Went to the pub last night and some plummy voiced twat announced that Villa shouldn’t be in the P.L. because we’ve done nothing in the last 20 years. He destroyed his credibility by saying that Leeds are more deserving of the P.L. because they are a bigger club. “Look at their attendances.”
I won’t detail my response but I think I put him right.