Aston Villa v Burnley Match Thread. | Page 28 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Burnley Match Thread.

86 mins when he came on, should have been on when that big clown pretended to be knocked out, he obviously wasn't knocked out or he couldn't have come back on.
I'm fed up of hearing about we don't set him up bla bla heard the same about Hogan and Mc gate etc sometimes you have to at least get in where it hurts and make your own luck.
Wesley is like watching Jordan Bowery lumbering about
You’re probably right. I’m focusing too much on his poor defending for the goal and schoolboy shooting. Apart from that he was ok.
Damned with faint praise! But the second goal in fact both goals were due to weak defending and burnley players simply wanting it more.

Yes exactly, Peter Bloody Withe after we sold the best striker (AndyGray) of my lifetime to Wolves. We weren't happy were we. £500k as well which was way over the odds at the time

The rest is History
Yes 57, didn't fancy Peter at all. Thank God Ron was Villa boss and not me. Sir Ron sold Gidman,Deehan and Gray and we all thought we were doomed. Ronnie understood that football is a team game. I know we are all frustrated (refereeing is probably no better or worse than in the past but their errors are now highlighted). As a club, we are going to join the big boys.lt will have hiccups along the way and we may be relegated but our amazing club will sooner or later be an elite football club.

Yes 57, didn't fancy Peter at all. Thank God Ron was Villa boss and not me. Sir Ron sold Gidman,Deehan and Gray and we all thought we were doomed. Ronnie understood that football is a team game. I know we are all frustrated (refereeing is probably no better or worse than in the past but their errors are now highlighted). As a club, we are going to join the big boys.lt will have hiccups along the way and we may be relegated but our amazing club will sooner or later be an elite football club.
It always has been and always will regardless of our position in any league

Can't remember if I said this earlier in the thread and I can't be arsed to look back but I thought Marvelous was excellent. Fast, loads of energy, made tackles and interceptions and when he gets the ball he drives forward with it most of the time. I'd not heard of him before we signed him but I've been impressed so far.

Can't remember if I said this earlier in the thread and I can't be arsed to look back but I thought Marvelous was excellent. Fast, loads of energy, made tackles and interceptions and when he gets the ball he drives forward with it most of the time. I'd not heard of him before we signed him but I've been impressed so far.

Yes. Agree. Just shows what we have been saying and why the likes of Westwood and Connor got and get criticised when they play.
A CDM or DCM (which ever way you swing) needs to do more than safely pass the ball sideways and backwards
Get the ball and if able drive into the space forwards .

My Son who is not easily impressed I have to say thinks Marvelous will be the next £60m midfielder.
I think he that good too, fast feet, always wants the ball drives forwards snaps into tackles, I'd like to see him Luiz , Jack and SJM in the same Villa team and us go 3 at the back with wing-backs

My Son who is not easily impressed I have to say thinks Marvelous will be the next £60m midfielder.
I think he that good too, fast feet, always wants the ball drives forwards snaps into tackles, I'd like to see him Luiz , Jack and SJM in the same Villa team and us go 3 at the back with wing-backs

There is definitely a place for Luiz and Marvelous in the middle. I think that is the way forward.

I thought I had seen the next level of DM in David Luiz, but Marvellous is now pushing the bar even higher. The competition in central midfield is only a good thing. Similar to villan, I’d like to see us change it at the right time with Luiz and Marvellous in the midfield who keep the shape allowing SJM and JG to get forward.

When you think about the talent we have and the positives from Saturday, we’re only a goalscorer and perhaps a winger from being a top 10 side.

I'd like to see him Luiz , Jack and SJM in the same Villa team and us go 3 at the back with wing-backs

We'd have to play a kind of 3-4-2-1 in that case wouldn't we, to accommodate that many in the midfield?

Heaton
Engels / Mings / Hause
Guilbert / Luiz /Nakamba /Targett
Grealish / McGinn
Wesley

Is that what you are suggesting? Looks ok on paper to me!

We'd have to play a kind of 3-4-2-1 in that case wouldn't we, to accommodate that many in the midfield?

Heaton
Engels / Mings / Hause
Grealish / McGinn
Wesley

Pretty much how wolves play. I do think it would work for us, my only concern would be our mentality when we are up against it, as we’d end up 5-4-1 and defeat the object.

I can’t see DS changing from 4 at the back at this stage, which I’m alright with a long as Fred and Targett continue to get around the wingers at the right time. That’s the thing we need to do more of whatever the formation.

Heaton
Engels / Mings / Hause
Grealish / McGinn
Wesley

Yes or even

Heaton
Konsa/ Engels / Mings
Grealish / McGinn
Davis

Heaton
Engels / Mings / Hause
Grealish / McGinn
Wesley

We didnt play 3 at the back yesterday and sacrificed a winger.

I think the same formation as yesterday with Luiz in for Connor is interesting. We coped wide defensively without 2 wingers until that idiot Taylor came on.

4-2-3-1 for me. Get people closer to Wesley and running past him. The 2 can hold the fort if we lose the ball.

Heaton
Guilbert Engels Mings Targett / Hause
Marvellous Luiz
Trez SJM Jack
Wesley

Im sure Deano will see the light eventually.

That's pretty much the formation he played yesterday.