Aston Villa v Burnley Match Thread. | Page 16 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Burnley Match Thread.

I thought Wesley was fine. Spends too much time on floor yes. But shouldn’t be the scapegoat had some good moments when we got near him. Second half didn’t even try to play off him.

I do like Davies and don’t disagree that he could be utilised. But he will also have very quiet spells in games the way we are playing

That second half was utter cack from Villa.

Wesley, what is the fucking point of you? You don't hold the ball, you don't win balls in the air and you don't run at defenders. But you do go down a lot for a big man... Like playing without a striker for most the game.

Taylor, don't get me started. He'd be more suited to hairdressing than football. He's got no strength or speed and he's frightened of the ball. Did fuck all to challenge for the ball in the air for their first equalizer - fucking wimp.

I was prepared to give it ten games but I've seen enough - we're in big fucking trouble and are going to really struggle to stay up at this rate.

Don't know why Burnley would be written off. What they do they do well, which is why they survive in the PL year after year. Sometimes more than survive.

Frustrating. Consolation; we gained a point, which puts us relatively in a better position to the teams above us in the bottom half of the table.

Couldn't judge as I wasn't watching but I wonder if dropping Trez for Hourihane was worth it.

I do still have optimism, and I do think we are good enough for this league. For most of our games we have been the better team for at least half a match. When we are on form, like the first half today, we are more than a match for most teams in the league. For me it isn't a skill or quality problem. Self belief or fitness maybe...

Results have to start coming now. Norwich and Brighton are two direct rivals, we need at least one win out of those two matches.

I think Hourihane held his own in the first half. Nice to see a threat from set pieces again! What was Trez like when he came on?

Unlucky overall but Mings sometimes has me scratching my head with his decisions & Grealish is not a prem player in that position, he’s good at coaxing defenders in but assists & goals should be his strength but it’s simply not we’re short up front & it’s showing looked tired last ten minutes. Come on smith grow some bollocks mate, Mr Grealish isn’t up to it

I support Dean Smith, but he's certainly bought a donkey in Wesley.

We are playing him all wrong. He needs to be running on to balls, not playing target man. The ball should be over the top rather than to his head.

Still, there was a chance to bring Davis on for him when he took the ball to the face. I thought Smith should have taken it, even just to see how Davis got on in the PL.

Dean needs to realise that the team he keeps picking and using the same formation just isn't working. He should find a system that suits the players he has
and that does'nt include Wesley and Taylor.

Unlucky overall but Mings sometimes has me scratching my head with his decisions & Grealish is not a prem player in that position, he’s good at coaxing defenders in but assists & goals should be his strength but it’s simply not we’re short up front & it’s showing looked tired last ten minutes. Come on smith grow some bollocks mate, Mr Grealish isn’t up to it

Nonsense

disappointing
something like 8pts dropped already from winning positions.
We've a fair few weak links that need sorting but 17th if we're lucky could be doable (altho not seeing many worse teams tbh)

Not winning home games against the likes of Burnley is just relegation form.

The table is looking very depressing reading.

Sitting in traffic feeling completely gutted. First half we out classes them but second we just couldn't get to the same level.

Sorry but that should be Taylors last have for us. If Targett is going to miss any games then we need to get Hause in, or whoever is left back for the kids. After seeing a proper left back for 60 odd minutes then going back to Taylor just shows how poor he is in every respect. Kills every attack. Nowhere near Rodriguez for their first and as normal 15 yards away from his man and then beaten all ends up for the second. No more.

Another one who showed he's not up to it at this level is Hourihane. The guy is great whenever he can have a free hit with no pressure but anything else and he struggles. He works hard but my god he's so slow. Good squad player but not a starter now. Luiz in for him next week please.

Wesley was pretty hopeless unfortunately. Admittedly he was given no service whatsoever. Too many long punts to him instead of what he so obviously wants which is balls in behind to run onto.

Really gutted but still hopeful.

If anybody thinks we should let Kodjia go, think again, at least he seems to be in the right place at the right time, Don't buy this, we are not playing to Wesley's strengths. a good striker moves his arse.