Aston Villa v Brentford Match Thread 28/8 3pm | Page 4 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brentford Match Thread 28/8 3pm

Hopefully our fitness levels will have gone up another notch after a solid week of training. Keep it tight at the back, no rushes of blood from Martinez in goal and wait for our chance . 3 points ahead of the international break would be most welcome.

suggests he's on the bench tomorrow. Maybe Watkins hasn't made it again
He deserves a go. What more can he do than score a hatrick to get a chance in the first team squad. If he was never going to be offered that chance regardless then it was a waste of everyone’s time to play him at all. Would be great to see him get 10 mins off the bench tomorrow.

He deserves a go. What more can he do than score a hatrick to get a chance in the first team squad. If he was never going to be offered that chance regardless then it was a waste of everyone’s time to play him at all. Would be great to see him get 10 mins off the bench tomorrow.
If he does get on the pitch tomorrow, he will have more bounce than Zebedee (showing my age there - youngsters Google it!!!!)

"Ollie Watkins will train with us today and if he gets through training, he’ll be available for selection." - they rarely seem to get through 'training' when he comes out with this.

thought Bailey missed the last one more as a precautionary ?
Bailey announced for return in mid November....

Just seeing Watkins back will do me for some optimism.

Otherwise I'll be a bit concerned. Brentford certainly a bigger threat that Newcastle. Ings alone vs a back 3 and they they've looked solid.

Hopefully Buendia is building some fitness.

Strange world ElGhazi sets up 2 goals and scores two goals and people want him sold, it was only Barrow etc. A young lad comes in scores a hattrick in the same game and we want him in the PL.
JPB has a lot to answer for setting up that 3rd goal on a plate, we now have another Louie Barry situation on our hands.
Football fans are really only about the moment aren't they

Strange world ElGhazi sets up 2 goals and scores two goals and people want him sold, it was only Barrow etc. A young lad comes in scores a hattrick in the same game and we want him in the PL.
JPB has a lot to answer for setting up that 3rd goal on a plate, we now have another Louie Barry situation on our hands.
Football fans are really only about the moment aren't they

To be fair in this moment we don't have any other strikers to put on the bench, so there's pretty much no other choice but to pick him.

Well, that could be worrying couldn't it....... Let's hope it's just smoke and mirrors.

Anyway, as we'll be off out for most of the day, I'll say it now;

COME ON YOU LIONS!

Start at pace, FROM the first whistle to the last. Don't give Brentford any time or space and we should have this sorted.

:utv: :utv: :utv:

If those reports are true (which I doubt), then it shouldn't matter too much:

Martinez

Cash
Konsa
Hause
Targett

Luiz
Nakamba
Buendia

El Ghazi
Ings