Aston Villa v Brentford Match Thread 28/8 3pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brentford Match Thread 28/8 3pm

Yeah, I just dont get it - I'm going to support us whoever is in the team. If Ollie is out injured its not going to make me miss the game!
I'm sure there was no such outrage about Jimmy Rimmers neck injury being kept under wraps,

Eh?.
When debating the fit/not fit Deano soundbites who has said they won't support the team?. Or miss the game?.

I'll answer for you. No one.

Strange post.

Eh?.
When debating the fit/not fit Deano soundbites who has said they won't support the team?. Or miss the game?.

I'll answer for you. No one.

Strange post.

Well my point is I don't get all the continued bleating about the club not being honest about a players fitness. So what if they are being a bit vague on if Ollie/Jack/Leon or whoever else will be back for the next game or not. Most, if not all clubs do it.
It seems a ridiculous thing to get worked up about and makes no difference at the end of the day

Whoever puts on the shirt will get the usual support from 40,000 tomorrow. Disappointing of course to have niggles this early in the season but they’d play if they were fit so not sure what the issue is really. Injuries happen. Keeping the opposition guessing as to who might be playing has been done for years and Deano is obviously happy to keep them guessing no matter what but even that’s a ’shambles’ according to some. OTT criticism at it’s finest! Three points again tomorrow and like last week, most of us won’t care who’s fit or who isn’t. Think the starting line up will be exactly the same as last week tbh.

i use the term in this instance purely out of frustration as we had 3 very winnable games and have been hit with injuries and a squad that doesn't look match fit

Isn't that more bad luck than anything. Is it anyone's fault we were forced to cancel 2 friendlies pre season because of covid outbreaks in other teams? Players get inured and miss games all the time, is it specifically someone at the clubs fault we've several key players out all at once?

Isn't that more bad luck than anything. Is it anyone's fault we were forced to cancel 2 friendlies pre season because of covid outbreaks in other teams? Players get inured and miss games all the time, is it specifically someone at the clubs fault we've several key players out all at once?
to be honest, i think the pre-season planning could of been better. Ok the Greedish thing seemed to overtake the whole club for a week , but even so , i think they need to have a bit of a post mortem on what went well and what didn't pre-season.

Funny thing is, I know it's bravado, some thinking that we now have a better side without HIM but it shows that we don't really know which way this season will go when we aren't confident of beating Brentford.
We certainly don't have anything Brentford will fear and they haven't got anything for us to fear. Our defence being so good, I really wish I sat there thinking this defence is so solid but I really don't and I can't be alone?.
Anyway, we'll see how it goes, yet again I go to Villa Park hoping to win but not expecting a win. If you know what I mean.

I think that's okay though, its early in the season and we've players missing. At this very moment in time, we are certainly weaker but with a fit squad, I believe we're stronger.

For me that's not controversial.

Ings is a wild card for us so my view is if he gets a sniff it'll be 3 in a row for him and a win for us. I don't expect them to break through our defense. I do think it'll be a good game though.

Until 2 of Watkins, Bailey and Bert are back its hard to be really confident of results. AEG shouldnt be starting and I think you're forced to start Ramsey too with those 3 missing as well.