Aston Villa v Arsenal Match Thread - Sat 6 Feb @ 12:30 - BT | Page 7 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Arsenal Match Thread - Sat 6 Feb @ 12:30 - BT

Merse on sky sports news saying that Villa fans are great, but if it’s not going well after 20 minutes they can get to you.

I think he’s spot-on, and one of the things we need to do in the stands when we get back - and this goes for me as much as anyone - is not getting on the players back so quickly.

I think it’s part of the reason why we’ve had such a good start actually.

Every crowd in the world is like that

Every crowd in the world is like that
I think Villa fans are worse than most. Fans have a big club mindset and sometimes the club, managers and the team mindset hasn't matched that. I think that's what DS has done and continues to do so well, he matches the fans ambitions with the football he demands from his players.

Merse on sky sports news saying that Villa fans are great, but if it’s not going well after 20 minutes they can get to you.

I think he’s spot on, and one of the things we need to do in the stands when we get back - and this goes for me as much as anyone - is not get on the players back so quickly.

I think it’s part of the reason why we’ve had such a good start actually.

Won‘t happen . Too many fan boys , want it here and now mentality.

I think we’re up there in terms of impatience personally, always been a trait of Villa fans.
You should have heard the Spurs fan on fanzone almost crying yesterday saying it would be a disaster if they where only to win two cups and scrape into the champions league I don’t know if thats impatience or unrealistic expectations but I think us villa fans are slightly more reasonable.

I think we’re up there in terms of impatience personally, always been a trait of Villa fans.

I've thought about this before and my theory is that will phase out eventually (depending on current form and success). Im young enough to have never really known Villa have proper success, other than the MoN days.

I think those who were lucky enough to have witnessed the successes of the 80's, with European Cups, will inevitably phase out of X amount of generations, and you'll have Villa fans in grounds, with their kids, who have never really known a successful Villa. And therefore I imagine less expectant.... it's you 40/50 something's who were spoiled 🤣

Anticipate Arsenal doubling up on Jack and make a plan to exploit the space our other players should be able to find.

This doubling up on Jack is something I am now expecting all clubs to do, which means we need our right wing to be utilized way more as we rarely use that side. We need Cash and Trez/Anwar/Bert to create a fruitful partnership asap. Because if we don't , then we won't be creating much if at all.

Yep. We are no different at VP. No way. Merse can fcuk off tbh .Hate it when players criticise fans. And he’s only saying it because he has played there.

Merse started off saying we’re great fans and was talking about his experience of playing at VP. We can either dismiss it because we don’t like it, or accept it. I’m the first muttering “for fucks sake” under my breath when things aren’t going well, I’ll happily admit!

28 years since we did the double over them. Won't get a better season than this to do it again. Sadly, don't see that happening.