Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth, Sat 18th Mar 3pm ko | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth, Sat 18th Mar 3pm ko

I wouldn't play Chambers in midfield at any price . Besides there is a chance Kamara may be back and also Dendoncker.

Yes. Talking of Disney. Playing Bambi on ice , I mean Chambers, in midfield is a disaster waiting to happen . Not sure what some have watched when he came on against Palace and Spam but he looks all over the place to me . Sloppy with the ball, never in control of the thing and looks erratic . He may come on in midfield in certain situations but no way is he a starting DM.

He is well down the pecking order in that position clearly. Obvs if Boobs is back he will start , if not Dendoncker will start. And if neither of those it will be the same starters in there as v Spam.

Last edited:
I hope we give them a good hammering because it's overdue and I'm sick of them. Losing 9-0 to Liverpool and then beating them at home kind of sums them up.

As was mentioned we've lost the last 4 in a row to these which is pathetic, it will also only be the 10th time we've met in the league, shows where they've been for most of their history.

Also Wallace from The Wire is part owner and he's a snitch.

I'd be glad for Dendoncker back for this one if only to slightly address the intense Land Of The Giants vibes that the away fixture gave me first day of the season.

Chambers in midfield sounds horrendous, hopefully Kamara is fit and if not then Donk probably gets the nod, if he also out then still not sure I would pick Chambers. Probably better than playing him CB but I think we have to be desperate to pick Chambers to start.

No idea who's available but can see it being a similar lineup to West Ham unless Kamara is fit except maybe Bailey out for someone (no idea who though, our only other winger is Traore who is just as frustrating) and Ramsey has been poor for a while so should be on the bench but unless we play Digne left back and Moreno left mid then I don't see many other options. Duran is too raw and inexperienced to start yet but a good option off the bench for now.

Sort of , others think it's about building a style of play, but I think Unai is looking at Europe this season as the style of play in the last 3 games has gone out of the window and we have ground-out points. If it was about the style we'd be playing like we did agast Leicester but without conceding 4 goals.

I expect similar against Bournemouth

I think its both, Unai is no mug he knows its a results business and while the football isn't free-flowing its been effective. It might not be free-flowing attacking football it still falls within an overall framework of what we want to do. Keep the ball, draw teams in, work it into space and create chances. A criticism of his time at Arsenal was that he was too conservative in some games.

I'd wager a lot of money you'll see a huge difference between Gerrards tappy football vs. Bournemouth and what Unai does. Whereas Bournemouth could drive a bus through the middle of the park at the start of the season I expect us to be almost watertight against these.

One of the reasons the super league talk was resurrected so fervently in Italy was Bournemouth out bidding Milan for Nico Zanolo of Roma. The player didn't want to go to Bournemouth (understandably) but couldn't go to Milan as Roma wanted something closer to what Bournemouth were offering so he ended up in Turkey.

The Italian clubs all shit themselves that a tinpot, bottom of the Premier league club with a 10k capacity stadium could outbid one of the true giants of European football.

The other leagues in Europe are farcical compared to the Premier League in terms of how they are ran. The Premier Lge. turning into a super league seems to have only been realized last season by these teams. Whereas the expiry of the last TV should have been a major warning sign. They really should have known this would happen. I remember the analysis on the TV the season we went down. Our parachute payments were tiny compared to the teams who would drop the following season.

The big European clubs should have known when Fulham spent 100m after promotion and then us that they had an issue.

Greed killed them all, the Champions Lge. allowed them to easily out-compete the rest of their leagues so they did nothing to help the other teams. Exemplified by Barca and Real which has been going on for decades. Add in the shear lack of any real effort to clamp down on racism in Italy and Spain and they have a package that is a hard sell abroad.

Well we haven’t beaten Bournemouth in a league game at VP since that infamous game in 72 that my dad always bangs on about.
That is only 3 games so not as bad as it sounds.
We can’t be dropping points in this if we are to have any chance of getting 7th. Don’t think it will be easy, but we should have enough to edge it

I'm not going to worry about Bournemouth or their record against us in recent years. We're Aston Villa and we should own them at VP!
I'm looking for 3 points Saturday and an Ollie brace. Coyl!
That game back in the 70's against this lot saw a full VP rocking!

Hopefully Emery isn't dim enough to drop Mings, Luiz and Watkins like that competition winner we had in charge for the last fixture.

I am recalling Cash's comments after the Palace game.. wondering if Emery will touch on the same in his Presser for this one.

He said: “The crowd has to be patient and we have to be patient because it is possession football in risky areas.
“I thought we did it quite well on Saturday. There were spells where we did it after they went down to 10 men and they things got a little bit tense in the stadium. That is what I mean by staying patient.
“It is what the manager wants, it is what he is known for. Obviously we want to win games as well but we want to play that style of football.
“It is hard to do definitely, especially when you go short and give one away and they nearly score. It can go a bit edgy. That is where we have to stay brave and they have to be brave with us, knowing we are going to do that.”

Fully expect to see the same style of play vs Bournemouth.