Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth, Sat 18th Mar 3pm ko | Vital Football

Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth, Sat 18th Mar 3pm ko

Like buses these 3pm KO’s. Not one until Feb then 3 from the last 4!.

Anyway…..

Nothing less than the full 3 points here for me. Not to beat wanky Bournemouth this season and have them taking 4 or 6 points from us will be shambolic. Don’t care about their freak result against the Dippers last week we need to and should be beating them.

Last edited:
For me, I just can't get my head around how a club can be in the PL with a tiny 10k ground, one of those clubs that really shouldn't be in the top league.
Just a matter of time before they go down again, we owe these one big time and Unai won't take them as lightly as SG did the first game or as Liverpool must have done last week.

We no longer have must-win games but we must win these games if we have any chance of catching the likes of Brentford Fulham and Brighton 3 other small clubs we should be above with our squad

We've lost every single premier league game against this tinpot club bar the opening day of the relegation season.

Still pissed off about the opening day loss in 2019 where that big German lump should have been sent off before half time but the ref decided to let it go so he could get subbed off at half time.

Same as most teams outside the top 6. Uf we play to the best of our ability we will win. If we don't we'll struggle. Simple as.

A good test as we've struggled more against teams sitting back against us. I'd love to see a proper tonking. I think the team deserve one for the upturn in results under Emery.
Yeah I think that at some point we will get both a clean sheet and a big performance/win. I don't think this will be easy at all however.

The problem with the table as it is, there aren't any below us who are not in danger of going down. We're either playing teams above us scrapping for europe, or teams below us fighting relegation... there's no other team that's "coasting" like us, if you see what I mean. Not that we aren't in the fight for europe ourselves, potentially—and in the context of keeping up in that regard, it is then a must-win game.

really hope we beat this tinpot smalltime club. Not extending their ground is unacceptable , they should at the very minimum be forced to make an away end that holds 3000. Tinpot c***s
I hope we smash them. I'm not expecting it though. Another banana skin. An ugly unpleasant 1-0 win will be fine with me . Just win.

For me, I just can't get my head around how a club can be in the PL with a tiny 10k ground, one of those clubs that really shouldn't be in the top league.
Just a matter of time before they go down again, we owe these one big time and Unai won't take them as lightly as SG did the first game or as Liverpool must have done last week.

We no longer have must-win games but we must win these games if we have any chance of catching the likes of Brentford Fulham and Brighton 3 other small clubs we should be above with our squad
Gate money is not important in the Prem. I read somewhere that Bournemouth have a bigger income than AC Milan!

really hope we beat this tinpot smalltime club. Not extending their ground is unacceptable , they should at the very minimum be forced to make an away end that holds 3000. Tinpot c***s
I hope we smash them. I'm not expecting it though. Another banana skin. An ugly unpleasant 1-0 win will be fine with me . Just win.
If we win there will still be complaints lol

Gate money is not important in the Prem. I read somewhere that Bournemouth have a bigger income than AC Milan!
That's because of Sky plus Bournemouth have rich owners.
The ground is not big enough for the PL, there should be a minimum 30k capacity, in my opinion, It is after all a bloody spectator sport

That's because of Sky plus Bournemouth have rich owners.
The ground is not big enough for the PL, there should be a minimum 30k capacity, in my opinion, It is after all a bloody spectator sport
pretty sure there are some rules around this

it's all about results. Performances can come later
Sort of , others think it's about building a style of play, but I think Unai is looking at Europe this season as the style of play in the last 3 games has gone out of the window and we have ground-out points. If it was about the style we'd be playing like we did agast Leicester but without conceding 4 goals.

I expect similar against Bournemouth

Four straight defeats against these in the league, quite embarrassing when you think about it. The first one ok, we were a shambles that season, but the three since then have been awful. The worst of the lot was the 2-0 humbling on the opening day of the season under that joke of a manager, man for man we were far better but put in a woeful performance.

Ouattara and Billing look their biggest threats but this is a game we must be winning, we have better players and a better coach and are at home. They've won two away games, at Forest earlier this season and recently a 1-0 against Wolves where they were largely outplayed for most of the game. Any win will do but it would be nice to put a few past a team and we owe them for earlier in the season and the recent wins against us. It's about time we really punished a team.

Fulham aren't playing in the league this weekend so a win would put us 1 point behind them, I don't see many of the other teams above us dropping points so we must win to keep on their toes.

One of the reasons the super league talk was resurrected so fervently in Italy was Bournemouth out bidding Milan for Nico Zanolo of Roma. The player didn't want to go to Bournemouth (understandably) but couldn't go to Milan as Roma wanted something closer to what Bournemouth were offering so he ended up in Turkey.

The Italian clubs all shit themselves that a tinpot, bottom of the Premier league club with a 10k capacity stadium could outbid one of the true giants of European football.

---------- Martinez ----------
Cash Konsa Mings Moreno
---- Luiz -- Chambers -----
McGinn Buendia Ramsey
------ Watkins ------------