Aston Villa Poised to Add Steve Agnew to coaching staff': ex-Middlesbrough manager | Page 4 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Poised to Add Steve Agnew to coaching staff': ex-Middlesbrough manager

McParlandTheGreat - 14/1/2018 12:59

DeanoVilla - 14/1/2018 11:46

My point, for anyone who missed it, is that I'm a bit fed up of people just moaning for moanings sake.

Fine, if we lose, moan.

If we appoint someone who ends up being a disaster... moan.

Moaning before anything's happened, just because you like moaning, gets annoying for us who just want to try and support the club towards promotion.

Some of us are fed up with people moaning at anybody who dares to voice concerns about what they see happening. Supporting Bruce is fine. Having a jibe at those who have a different take on things is unproductive, unnecessary, and sours the very reasonable debate we have on here.

People don't moan at reasonable debate or opinion. People moan at petty, childish and ultimately getting quite boring jibes at Bruce. If you want to see what i mean go over to the ' what are you reading thread' over in witton lane.

nice positive read this.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-agnew-aston-villa-impact-14156418

Yes, it seems Steve Agnew is having a positive effect already.

Hogan is benefiting from Agnew, definately and if Agnew can spread that around other areas of the squad, it's got to be a big plus.

You've got to give it to Bruce for bringing Agnew in.

Some of us are fed up with people moaning at anybody who dares to voice concerns about what they see happening.

What do you see happening? I see us 4th, 5 points from auto promotion and on an unbeaten streak since the new coach was appointed.

You didn't even give him a chance before you laid into him.

And you wonder why we like to pull your legs now and again?
:39:

Melon Donkey - 14/1/2018 17:41

DeanoVilla - 14/1/2018 11:46

My point, for anyone who missed it, is that I'm a bit fed up of people just moaning for moanings sake.

Fine, if we lose, moan.

If we appoint someone who ends up being a disaster... moan.

Moaning before anything's happened, just because you like moaning, gets annoying for us who just want to try and support the club towards promotion.

Some of us are fed up with people moaning at anybody who dares to voice concerns about what they see happening. Supporting Bruce is fine. Having a jibe at those who have a different take on things is unproductive, unnecessary, and sours the very reasonable debate we have on here.

People don't moan at reasonable debate or opinion. People moan at petty, childish and ultimately getting quite boring jibes at Bruce. If you want to see what i mean go over to the ' what are you reading thread' over in witton lane.

You have your opinion, I have mine.

I can see both sides on this very healthy debate. I’ve been offline for a couple of days and could’ve almost predicted that the “official Steve Bruce” thread would be buried after this weekend. Whatever your opinion it’s hard to argue that when we lose it’s all about the manager’s shortcomings, and when we win it’s because of some other factor such as the manager getting lucky with selection, or (as in this case) a coach having an influence, or a player coming into form.... We live in a time when finger-pointing and scape-goating is an internet norm....
We all want the best for Aston Villa though don’t we?

Got to be an improvement on Calderwood if he can instill some confidence in Hogan and others great. Be even better if he can get Gabby scoring :2: ok ok I will get my coat.

gmvillan - 16/1/2018 07:25
We all want the best for Aston Villa though don’t we?

Absolutely! To early to say whether Agnew is the reason behind the more positive displays, but if we keep on the front foot as people have been begging for on here, you can certainly put some of the credit his way.

The reality is that Remi Garde was unable to bring in his preferred coaching staff, Tim Sherwood had no previous so ended up with Ray Wilkins. I think now that SB has his preferred coaching staff we may have lift off at last. Ultimately it is not all down to one man (although we tend to blame the manager).

If we didn't have SB, would we have got Terry or Snodgrass in the summer? I know that he picked up Whelan and Elmo as well, but that could have been squad fillers due to FFP. We will never know the truth but I am more positive than I have been for some time. The football has certainly improved and you now see quick throw-ins before the opposition has set, less hoof-ball (only my perception), more secondary balls won.

At some stage we will take a loss, I think it will be the manner of the loss that will set the tone on here. It has always been about being able to compete for me, and not to meekly surrender or just not turn up. No-one that I can recall had a pop after the Wolves loss, we made the effort but were just outplayed, people can accept that.

From what's been said elsewhere SB leaves the actual coaching to his coaching staff. I've been reluctant to criticise the existing staff without knowing what actually goes on, but if Agnew is the reason for the improvement it does rather look as though that area wasn't doing enough. Certainly on the pitch we didn't seem to be gelling as a team, defence apart. Things are starting to look promising.

Right about Garde and Sherwood not having a proven coaching team. Think same applied to Lambert in his final season (Keane apart); how he gets on at Stoke could well depend to who he can get in.