Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 29 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

Are you thinking of Alan Evans? Alun was from a Wolves then pool and was quite small.
No, was excited by Alun’s signing but he never fulfilled his potential, possibly as a result of a vicious assault inflicted on him in a Wolverhampton nightclub. And we still ain’t got the guy last but one on the right. Think there’s only me and thee playing this game, mate.

No, was excited by Alun’s signing but he never fulfilled his potential, possibly as a result of a vicious assault inflicted on him in a Wolverhampton nightclub. And we still ain’t got the guy last but one on the right. Think there’s only me and thee playing this game, mate.
Got to dig out my old programmes and cheat to get this one - so many memories flooding back though - just spine tingling.

Is it not Mick Wright the full back?

Could be '63 - he would have been around 23 when that picture was taken, just looks a bit young to me, shorter hair. So I will throw in Doug George