Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 132 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

Worshipped BFR. And still do.

After speaking with him several times, I know for a fact he loved the Villa as well.

Ellis again fell out with another manager and his ego was hurt because Big Ron was a bigger figure at Villa Park rather than him so he couldn't wait to remove him.

He used to call himself Mr Villa but I called him Mr Ego.

Still, let's not go down the Ellis debate again otherwise it will dominate this thread.;)

A modern-day look back at our heroes from 82 which earns a rightful place in this thread for us to look back and treasure over time.........

UTV.

It surprises me how many Germans made the trip over here considering it was only 20 years after WW2. I cant imagine they got a warm welcome from many people here

I was around 11 years old. There were thousands of Germans walking around Aston in long green parka coats chanting "Uwe, Uwe" after their hero Uwe Seeler.

.Aston Hall was lit up by candlelight, the biggest funfair I've ever seen was all over Aston Park and the whole atmosphere was wonderful without any trouble at all........ Well, I didn't see any!

I always remember going into the ground when the gates opened 15 minutes from the end of the game between Argentina V Spain and I was blown away by the vivid colours on the pitch of the team's kits.

Can't believe those cheeky tossers still moan about the ghost goal after Billy sodding Sharp literally boots the ball out of Kalinics hands.

I never understood why Sheffield United fans in particular were and still are in such uproar about the ghost goal, it's not like they got relegated or lost the league because of it, that result literally had no bearing on their season.

That 3-3 result though, what a come back!

I never understood why Sheffield United fans in particular were and still are in such uproar about the ghost goal, it's not like they got relegated or lost the league because of it, that result literally had no bearing on their season.

That 3-3 result though, what a come back!

Wouldn’t they have qualified for Europe with 3 points from that game? They do always conveniently forget we had a stonewall penalty turned down in the same game.

Wouldn’t they have qualified for Europe with 3 points from that game? They do always conveniently forget we had a stonewall penalty turned down in the same game.

I think they were in contention but not there yet. They completely fell apart after the re start and barely won a game over the next year or so. They also seem to forget that the game wasn't played under golden goal rules.