Aston Villa Fixtures & Changes 2022/23 | Page 7 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Fixtures & Changes 2022/23

I know I should supposedly just shut up about this like a good fan boy and should accept it , but really?.

Nov 5th for your first home Sat 3pm ko peeps. Except it won't be...because that is Manure at home so I expect 100% it will be moved. Then it's the wanky world Cup. Then it's boxing day v the dippers which is a Monday anyway and it won't be 3pm against them.

Next year it is then. Shambles.

Beat me to it Melon!

I'm struggling to get my head around after 30 years of the sky that anyone under 45 even remembers 3pm Saturday ko's. Yet every year we moan about fixture changes. CL and EL change ie mini leagues also mean fixture changes and some fans crave those competitions too. Thursday night football ,really?

We can't moan when it gives us all a chance to see every single minute of every Villa game, can we? A stuttering stream is better than nothing

The only memories I had as a boy of Villa away games was reading about the game in the Argus on a Saturday night. I was fortunate to go to every home game so I saw all those but if you didn't go you didn't see a single minute of the game unless you were in the first div and got on motd.

How can some miss 3 pm ko's when they have never known them?

There is no bigger dinosaur than me but come on lads, we can't have our cake and eat it, and you can't miss what you never had surely.

I'm struggling to get my head around after 30 years of the sky that anyone under 45 even remembers 3pm Saturday ko's. Yet every year we moan about fixture changes. CL and EL change ie mini leagues also mean fixture changes and some fans crave those competitions too. Thursday night football ,really?

We can't moan when it gives us all a chance to see every single minute of every Villa game, can we? A stuttering stream is better than nothing

The only memories I had as a boy of Villa away games was reading about the game in the Argus on a Saturday night. I was fortunate to go to every home game so I saw all those but if you didn't go you didn't see a single minute of the game unless you were in the first div and got on motd.

How can some miss 3 pm ko's when they have never known them?

There is no bigger dinosaur than me but come on lads, we can't have our cake and eat it, and you can't miss what you never had surely.

Its quite simple really. And your post is a bit random to say the least. As I have said before in this thread . It's not about a bit of balance. Not about having cake and eating it. I do not think it's fair that every home fixture until the new year is subject to change. I expect some but this amount is not correct. Balance and fairness.
You misjudge the age thing. And the vast majority of fans nowadays know all about 3pm Saturday. It's not been 30 years of fixture dicking around to this extent It's more recent as BT and Amazon now have come in to play. And the streaming point is irrelevant because the fact that they are steamed has no impact on the KO times.

Its quite simple really. And your post is a bit random to say the least. As I have said before in this thread . It's not about a bit of balance. Not about having cake and eating it. I do not think it's fair that every home fixture until the new year is subject to change. I expect some but this amount is not correct. Balance and fairness.
You misjudge the age thing. And the vast majority of fans nowadays know all about 3pm Saturday. It's not been 30 years of fixture dicking around to this extent It's more recent as BT and Amazon now have come in to play. And the streaming point is irrelevant because the fact that they are steamed has no impact on the KO times.
I was trying to say do we really long for the days before Sky really, personally I'd love it but the new breed of 24/7 fan wouldn't want his only news of the Villa game in a pink paper on a Saturday night. Don't forget we now have "fans" who have never been to a game in their lives but are apparently just as important. Hence we now have crazy football ko times and days.
It will end up as we've seen in Australia where the likes of you and me can't go to a game because it's being played in the USA Australia China or where ever. It's coming perhaps not in my lifetime but certainly yours

What a crap analogy.

I don't expect a flight to be cancelled when I book my ticket. I appreciate there is a very small chance but its not expected.

I know with 100% certainty when I buy my season ticket that a fair few games will be rearranged for TV because its been like that for decades....so why moan when it happens?
Not really sure that anyone who has Sky or BT Sport can moan about game changes.
They are effectively feeding the beast.

Not really sure that anyone who has Sky or BT Sport can moan about game changes.
They are effectively feeding the beast.

Yep. But as I keep saying . Is it too much to ask for some balance?. Every home fixture this side of Xmas changed?. The only one thus far Manure (which will be won't it). Accepting the fact that there will be the odd europa affected change.

I know I should supposedly just shut up about this like a good fan boy and should accept it , but really?.

Nov 5th for your first home Sat 3pm ko peeps. Except it won't be...because that is Manure at home so I expect 100% it will be moved. Then it's the wanky world Cup. Then it's boxing day v the dippers which is a Monday anyway and it won't be 3pm against them.

Next year it is then. Shambles.
Now now, from the sounds of it you haven't drank enough of the Sky/ BT koolaid, drink up!

Yep. But as I keep saying . Is it too much to ask for some balance?. Every home fixture this side of Xmas changed?. The only one thus far Manure (which will be won't it). Accepting the fact that there will be the odd europa affected change.
Don't disagree Melon. I get back home, roadworks permitting 2/3 am after night games, and early starts for Saturday lunchtime games, that are just soul less affairs, and not really worth traveling for.
Pain in the arse

I meant to say in that post that the real difference is you are a STH, I am not. By the time I buy my ticket I usually know the kick off time, you don't. It's a commitment you make to the club in advance, but as has been said, the more we become attractive to watch the worse this situation will become.

Maybe we just all need to lose the nostalgic idea of a 3pm Saturday kick off and accept its pretty much a thing of the past?

Think someone said pre war kick-offs were 2pm?

Change is inevitable.

Brilliant. Pre- war :lol:. The wireless played havoc then with the changes.
Ok. Following this great example through. They might have been 2pm but they were all 2pm weren't they? Not 12:30pm Saturday , 8pm on a Friday, 7:30pm on a Thursday.

Whatever. Is what it is . For the hundredth time.....Just want some balance and consistency. There isn't and it's people like my 76yr old Dad who has given up his season ticket after decades due to TV changes last season. Still who gives a fuck. The TV fan boys are happy.

Maybe we just all need to lose the nostalgic idea of a 3pm Saturday kick off and accept its pretty much a thing of the past?

Think someone said pre war kick-offs were 2pm?

Change is inevitable.
While we're at it, claret and blue is so last century. And the name Aston Villa needs freshening up. Why Birmingham? Why not Telford retail park?
Old moaning buggers like me just get in the way of positive change don't we?

Dont think deano is saying he likes it, just that it is inevitable, modern £00tball is not about the fan, the days of regular 3pm kick offs are sadly gone.

Dont think deano is saying he likes it, just that it is inevitable, modern £00tball is not about the fan, the days of regular 3pm kick offs are sadly gone.

Correct. I prefer Saturday 3pm.

But the game has evolved from the day it was formed and will continue to do so especially with the money involved.

If you hate it that much nobody is forcing you to keep feeding the beast with your money. Just stop. Or carry on and keep pointlessly moaning if that's your thing.

BRMB, Tony Butler , get your prayer mats out. Song from an unnamed movie. ahh the memories of a game i once loved