Aston Villa Fixtures & Changes 2022/23 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Fixtures & Changes 2022/23

I can see both sides of this argument, I myself personally, don't go anymore, simply just can't afford it.
I'd say, alongside myself, the majority on here are old school traditionalists- 3pm Saturday and 7.45 Wednesdays and it would be ideal to know exactly what time, date etc a game is being played so you can sort your day/night accordingly.
However, the way sport coverage has changed since Sky took charge has put paying supporters at the bottom of the queue. Its the last minute changes that affect people's routines. This is the bitter pill we have to either accept or refuse to take.
From a purely commercial point of view, the fact that we're having so many games chosen, that and the Sky's Stevie G narrative, has thrust us more into the spotlight, something we've been craving for decades. Greater exposure will lead to more disruption to routines but if we really want to be challenging the "Big6" it's a case of having to suck it up or chose not to go .
It's a sad indictment of modern day £ootball but unfortunately that's the way shit rolls now.
Personally I wish the media darlings had fucked off to their megs rich Super league and left the rest of us to compete on an even playing field.
Be careful what you wish for as,if we do manage to break into the monopoly, there'll be even more disruptions.
and that is the real problem in a nutshell

I get that it's annoying and an inconvenience. I'm just saying it's nothing new so pointless moaning about it year after year like it's come as a surprise.

We all all expect some games to be moved now. It's part and parcel of the modern game.

You can apply the pointless moaning to most things Villa. We are generally shit year after year. So that isn't a surprise so why do we moan.

You can apply the pointless moaning to most things Villa. We are generally shit year after year. So that isn't a surprise so why do we moan.

Completely different. With that it's the hope that kills us.

Does anyone ever go into a season hoping by some miracle all our games are at 3pm then are disappointed when they find out they aren't?

I can see both sides of this argument

I don't really see it as an argument. I think we'd all prefer the good old days of 3pm kick offs.

My point is more that we all know its coming so why keep moaning? It is like moaning about cold in winter or the sun in summer.

Completely different. With that it's the hope that kills us.

Does anyone ever go into a season hoping by some miracle all our games are at 3pm then are disappointed when they find out they aren't?

Was being tongue in cheek.

But i still think, as I said above. It's all about proportionality . We feed the beast so can hardly complain but there needs to be a balance and often it is too far one way. That's what is annoying.

I don't really see it as an argument. I think we'd all prefer the good old days of 3pm kick offs.

My point is more that we all know its coming so why keep moaning? It is like moaning about cold in winter or the sun in summer.
Do you use the same argument if your flights are cancelled? Oh well, I knew it might happen so I mustn't grumble.
I don't, I recognise we are getting mugged off. The fact it happens a lot does not make it right.

Re: complaining.
I was chatting to an older bloke in the pub,( there are some), and I asked him how he filled his time since retiring. His answer? “ I complain. I complain about everything to anyone, or to any organisation that’s got up my nose.”
I know it’s a waste of intellectual energy but you have to have a grudging admiration for someone so dedicatedly cussed.

I was chatting to an older bloke in the pub,( there are some), and I asked him how he filled his time since retiring. His answer? “ I complain. I complain about everything to anyone, or to any organisation that’s got up my nose.”
I know it’s a waste of intellectual energy but you have to have a grudging admiration for someone so dedicatedly cussed.
I didn't realise we'd met mate

My lad is 40 and he doesn't know any different, he doesn't really remember all games being 3 pm just like most of us don't remember 2 pm ko's in the days before floodlights.
This is how football is these days, we either accept it or don't go it's pretty simple.

Like I said the Southampton game on a Friday night now means I can go to my Nephews wedding and still see the game, so sometimes it works out pretty good .
For some poor Villans on 2 til 10 shift on a weeknight, it's a bummer. Those are the people I feel sorry for

Yeah, although I am not a big fan of all the changes, they are now a part of football and unlikely to go away. I think it is natural we have a moan at times though, when a fixture is changed meaning upheavel or you can't make it etc. I do dislike the early kick offs, just takes more brain ache energy to get ready etc but often the atmosphere is worse and the players aren't always looking up to speed either.

As 57 says, sometimes it works out better as well! And as I no longer do away games, I am selfish, I don't mind away games changed as long as they are on tv!

Do you use the same argument if your flights are cancelled? Oh well, I knew it might happen so I mustn't grumble.
I don't, I recognise we are getting mugged off. The fact it happens a lot does not make it right.

What a crap analogy.

I don't expect a flight to be cancelled when I book my ticket. I appreciate there is a very small chance but its not expected.

I know with 100% certainty when I buy my season ticket that a fair few games will be rearranged for TV because its been like that for decades....so why moan when it happens?

I was a season ticket holder for over 20 years. I gave mine up when I moved up north as I knew it would be almost impossible to attend half the games, plus they moved me from my seat and I missed sitting by the people I had got to know over years of sitting together.

I think the extra frustration is it's the opening home game. It's a shit time.
It won't seem shit if we beat them though. If we don't it will and it's a long weekend after a bad result

Grumpy Old Man Syndrome is something that just catches you up for a while then one day you find yourself getting really wound up about something you would either not have noticed or you would have laughed about earlier in your life.

I've been to the quacks about it but apparently there is no known cure.

Grumpy Old Man Syndrome is something that just catches you up for a while then one day you find yourself getting really wound up about something you would either not have noticed or you would have laughed about earlier in your life.

Death?

Death

Saturday at 3pm…..?! Those were the days! Only consolation is that there are no Saturday games at 12.30…THE worst time to kick off!

Four of Aston Villa’s Premier League fixtures in October have been selected for live television broadcast, with a further match also moved.
The club’s first game of the month against Leeds United at Elland Road has been moved to Sunday, October 2 (kick-off TBC) and will be shown on Sky Sports.
A trip to the City Ground to take on Nottingham Forest will also be broadcast on Sky Sports and will now take place on Monday, October 10, kicking off at 8pm.
Chelsea’s visit to Villa Park has been rescheduled for Sunday, October 16 (2pm ko) and will be shown on Sky Sports.
Villa’s journey to Craven Cottage to play Fulham is now in the diary for Thursday, October 20 at 7:30pm and will be broadcast on Amazon Prime Video.
The final fixture change sees Brentford’s trip to B6 moved back to Sunday, October 23 (2pm ko).

I know I should supposedly just shut up about this like a good fan boy and should accept it , but really?.

Nov 5th for your first home Sat 3pm ko peeps. Except it won't be...because that is Manure at home so I expect 100% it will be moved. Then it's the wanky world Cup. Then it's boxing day v the dippers which is a Monday anyway and it won't be 3pm against them.

Next year it is then. Shambles.

There's no way the home game against Man Yoo in November won't be moved for telly either, so with the World Cup break we could easily get to 2023 before we have a home game at 3pm.