Aston Villa Away To WBA Match Thread | Page 42 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Away To WBA Match Thread

Traore, more of that please. What an improvement from the lad. El Ghazi, Grealish and McGinn all top class. The only downside was the interminable wait for the 2nd goal. At least it was worth waiting for.
West Brom have massive problems. Don't even think Allerdyce can save this particular shambles.

I couldn't stand to watch it live earlier because there would have been too many potential interruptions out of my control [for f**k sake:shake:] so I recorded it and now I have watched it in full [not knowing the score] and also on MOTD2. How the f**k can it be on MOTD2 last after Brighton v Sheff Utd? I thought the ref was as usual utterly crap, to start with, Jack getting at least three bad challenges early on. I was convinced fooking var would say that AEGs left index finger was offside for the first goal but nothing was said. They really do have a number of 'players' who don't know the rules don't they? That attack on Grealish was GBH - even Sammy Lee knew it. History attempting to repeat itself maybe. Sad that it required reviewing. The challenge from Hause was different in that it wasn't malicious, however ill advised. How the flying f**k they can give Watkins offside for his 'goal' is just another example of the game being ruined. The 2'nd goal was just magnificent - Jack bursting though plays Traore in on his right foot, Watkins runs to his right, Traore goes inside onto his left foot and you could see before he had even aimed he knew [he was smiling, his tongue even came out] he was going to score, and he did with a sublime left foot pass into the net from outside the box - absolute magic play. I think it was a thing of beauty. I thought it was an utterly dominant performance that perhaps should have resulted in a bigger winning margin, but then Johnstone is a very good keeper, that has to be said, and he was really on it tonight. I thought McGinn was magnificent. So good to have Luiz back.
Negatives - still too many long balls to an isolated Watkins, especially early on, crap corner kicks.
A couple of final thoughts ... did anyone else notice a few rare breed sheep on the pitch? And of course to sign off .... FOWB.

West Brom have massive problems. Don't even think Allerdyce can save this particular shambles.

I don't think so either, Diangana is a decent player I would snap him up but the rest are nowhere near his quality. Diangana would fit into our team but he wouldnt break into our 11.

Granted we've not played top-notch opposition Hause has looked very very assured. Hause is actually a better Centre Back than any of the promoted teams have and I'd actually put him up there against plenty of others in the bottom half.

There will always be a weak link in a side. And yes Targett that is you!
He is the weak link. Not saying he played bad last night. He didnt. Not being negative about him. Hope he gets better and better. Seems a decent chap. Looks a team player. But if i was a manager against us i would target him.
In a sweeping, generalisation, season as a whole, not going off last nights game. COUGH

Just seen the Livermore "tackle". More of an act of GBH.
Jack is lucky not to be on crutches tonight, dirty bastard
It had all the hallmarks of Ally Brown on Alex Cropley in 1977. That Stripy filth team also had a bunch of cloggers, just like the current bunch with the likes of Brown, Wile and Cantello.
Fat Sam will have instructed his hard men to take Jack out and I think his disappointment at the end of the game was partly due to Livermore being caught out in trying to do so. Before Allardyce arrived they were a dirty team, they will become even more so once he gets amongst them on the training pitches. Thankfully, they are beyond salvation and will be relegated by Easter.

Livermore was targeting Jack all game. He fouled him with the first minute and several times after, and got no protection from the clown of a ref. In many ways the ref was at fault for the red card and could have caused Jack serious injury.

I don't think so either, Diangana is a decent player I would snap him up but the rest are nowhere near his quality. Diangana would fit into our team but he wouldnt break into our 11.

Granted we've not played top-notch opposition Hause has looked very very assured. Hause is actually a better Centre Back than any of the promoted teams have and I'd actually put him up there against plenty of others in the bottom half.
They're shite when people say 'even Sam can't save them' they're acting like he's this great manager as opposed to a dinosaur who has long had his day. Terrible appointment. They're finished.

Er, zero blocked shots for the entire season mate ...

Well that's bollocks because I'm certain he blocked one vs wolves and vs Burnley unless I'm going completely mad (not out of the question I'll admit). Anyway the only stat that matters is 7 clean sheets.

Not for me, Cash looks great to me, real quality going forward, and works hard and defends well at the other end, and unlike Targett he isn't prone the regular gaffs, I mean last night when Targett fell over with the ball at his feet!!!!
Cash definitely needs to sort his crossing out, he delivers a decent ball in like one in every 5 or so attempts.

Livermore was targeting Jack all game. He fouled him with the first minute and several times after, and got no protection from the clown of a ref. In many ways the ref was at fault for the red card and could have caused Jack serious injury.

Yes Livermore seemed to have taken on the Kleiftenbeld role for Albion. Clog Jack early and often.

Cash definitely needs to sort his crossing out, he delivers a decent ball in like one in every 5 or so attempts.

Cash and Ollie need to have an hour at training just repetitive drills with Cash getting forward and playing balls into Ollie. The quality of the crosses are poor and they have no understanding of each other.

I’m sure they do all this stuff anyway but it really doesn’t look like it.

Not for me, Cash looks great to me, real quality going forward, and works hard and defends well at the other end, and unlike Targett he isn't prone the regular gaffs, I mean last night when Targett fell over with the ball at his feet!!!!

I think Cash has that none shall pass attitude, quick comfortable with the ball and aggressive, Targett has improved this season, I don't think he's wimped off injured like last season when the going got tough. I would like to see henry from Brentford as competition for target another quick aggressive little bar steward.

Last night however I can't fault any of them