Aston Villa Away To WBA Match Thread | Page 40 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Away To WBA Match Thread

I am with these sentiments entirely. I remember not to long ago how Alan Hutton was pilloried on this forum and some quite derogatory names used. There was a good player in there and it finally shone through. El Ghazi is the same - he has had indifferent games in the past but he has obviously worked hard in training and has put in two good performances in the last games. He was very good tonight and not just going forward. He almost had a hat trick with a great dribble into the box and it needed a great save from Johnson. If Jack had done that run, people would be drooling. Give credit where it is due and El Ghazi deserves credit for tonight. And he delivers a very post match interview - he was very eloquent tonight.

Agree mate, in the two interviews he’s done after the last two games he’s come across really well, sounds very level headed and pretty intelligent. Taken his chance and gives Dean some food for thought regarding selection. That’s what we want surely.

I'm very pleased with the team. I think they can all improve but I mean that in a good way. And they have already improved - hence our much better season.

So although I want players to do some things differently I am happy with the players. No-one is rubbish, the ones who have come in for the suspensions etc. all did OK.

VTID

Perhaps wrong thread for this, just looked at tackles, Mings = 8, Konsa = 22. Interceptions: 8 plays 31.

I’m not head over heels about stats because there are qualitative things stats can’t measure such as the drop off role Mings plays and man marking role Konsa plays, but those differences are enormous.

Haus might be a good option for Palace up against Benteke, but that’s big balls from Deano if we were to drop Mings assuming Konsa can play.

Mings - Blocked Shots:

My rightful place in the family football pecking order well and truly reaffirmed.

I haven’t text either of them and they will be expecting it.

I might not even bother just to show how insignificant the Baggies are to us.

On the other hand I might text to thank them for the opportunity to have a training match at the Whorethorns tonight .
:wahey::wahey::wahey::utv:

So the bloke who scored 2 tonight is shit and the bloke who is part of the 2nd best defence in the Premier league who have kept 3 consecutive clean sheets is shit as well. Christ knows how good we'll be once we gey rid of these shitty goalscorers and defenders who get clean sheets.

Would have loved to have been there tonight. There would have been some top class gloating going on.

That's the one big regret at present.....the atmosphere in that away end tonight especially in the second half, kicking towards the fans with wave after wave of attacks would have been something else..! And as you say..the gloating towards the tossers both right and left of us would have been magical!

Perhaps wrong thread for this, just looked at tackles, Mings = 8, Konsa = 22. Interceptions: 8 plays 31.

I’m not head over heels about stats because there are qualitative things stats can’t measure such as the drop off role Mings plays and man marking role Konsa plays, but those differences are enormous.

Haus might be a good option for Palace up against Benteke, but that’s big balls from Deano if we were to drop Mings assuming Konsa can play.

Are those right. PL website shows Konsa has 4 tackles to Mings 8. He also has better duels won/lost ration than Konsa.
Not sure why people are looking to have a pop at Mings, we are winning games and kept more clean sheets than anyone else in the league.

No need for the sarcasm...if you don’t want to address the point I made fair enough but I don’t understand why you criticise a player so vehemently when he’s just scored two goals to help us win a game against our local rivals and has put in a pretty decent performance. Surely fans should be enjoying the win, putting grievances away for the night and giving a bit of praise, even to a player who you clearly dislike so much. If he’s as crap as you say he is and couldn’t give a toss about the club as you say he can’t, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to criticise the guy in the future. Tonight he deserves some praise, not criticism.

You didn't make a point, other than to suggest that players should be forgiven all prior sins based on a couple of performances (and apparently we're including penalties won by others in "performance" now ...).

That's how we ended up paying Fat Gabby £3m a year for five years for doing nothing, materially contributing to us being relegated and nearly going bankrupt.

Ghazi will get praise from me when I think he's at least paid us back what he owes us for two years of abject nothingness - I'll even add in proper shifts to the plus column too, regardless of any goals he makes/takes.

Until then, I'll voice my own thoughts as they are if it's all the same to you?

Some of us have higher standards mate and memories of how things used to, and should still, be at Villa Park - gobby wankers like Mings and puffed-up GQ types like Ghazi don't cut it for us and they never will - they may be paid ridiculous amounts of our money but that's where the professionalism ends with these types.