Aston Villa Away To WBA Match Thread | Page 41 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Away To WBA Match Thread

Mings - Blocked Shots:

That'd apply to the whole team mate, the Baggies only had one shot and I can't even remember it.

Your post above this reply, whilst I get the point, is incredibly harsh also given the input of Mings and Ghazi over the last couple of years. Both can and should improve yes, but if we hadn't have had either....we wouldn't be here to begin with.

Last edited:
So the bloke who scored 2 tonight is shit and the bloke who is part of the 2nd best defence in the Premier league who have kept 3 consecutive clean sheets is shit as well. Christ knows how good we'll be once we gey rid of these shitty goalscorers and defenders who get clean sheets.

As long as I can remember there has always been at least 1 player who will be a target for abuse. The theme seems to be replace them and we will be fine, but as soon as that person does drop out they will find another one to target.

Er, zero blocked shots for the entire season mate ...

That's not right - what site you referencing mate? It's not a strong point with the way he tries to block but sort of goes down sideways, but I know he's got a couple this year. I would absolutely expect others to be well ahead of him though on that point.

Whoscored has Mings down as 0.6 a game which I can believe. They also have Konsa at the same (I did think he'd be higher).

Mings is slightly better than Konsa on tackles and interceptions, whereas Konsa takes clearances.

Ah ok...so no credit if we keep clean sheets but plenty of stick when we both win and lose...he's got no chance then really has he.

He's got every chance, he seems to be the first name on the team sheet in spite of his dodgy displays, it doesn't matter a jot what I think. My point was that Mings is still the same Mings whereas Martinez is a new addition and Konsa has improved. Any improvement in defence would suggest that it is not down to Mings who has been making mistakes back there.

Er, zero blocked shots for the entire season mate ...

Speaking of blocking shots, I won't continue with my anti Mings posts after this as it is negative at a time when we are doing well. But Bamford's 3 goals at villa park were a fine example of his blocking prowess or lack thereof.

Anyway that's enough of Mings! A good win tonight onwards and upwards!

Oh come on Bikini...you've got to let me nitpick that Mings can't have made that many mistakes that led to goals if you are praising the replacements of other players lol

:fish:

Why are people slating Mings off the back of 2 clean sheets? Am I missing something?

I've been pretty critical of him at times this season but he's be decent enough the last 2 games.

In fact why are we even talking negatively after a 3 nil Derby win?

Some people... :shake:

He's made a couple of high profile gaffs this season but I can't think of one that directly led to a goal. He has however cut out those gaffs in the last few games anyway.

But all players cock up, some just get criticised more than others when they do it.

You didn't make a point, other than to suggest that players should be forgiven all prior sins based on a couple of performances (and apparently we're including penalties won by others in "performance" now ...).

That's how we ended up paying Fat Gabby £3m a year for five years for doing nothing, materially contributing to us being relegated and nearly going

Until then, I'll voice my own thoughts as they are if it's all the same to you?

Some of us have higher standards mate and memories of how things used to, and should still, be at Villa Park - gobby wankers like Mings and puffed-up GQ types like Ghazi don't cut it for us and they never will - they may be paid ridiculous amounts of our money but that's where the professionalism ends with these types.

It's a forum...and if I think a player is being judged harshly I'll say so, I've not once suggested you shouldn't air your thoughts so not sure what you're on about...I just dont understand how a fan can criticise a player so strongly when he's had a good game and scored twice.
And then you go on to suggest you've got higher standards...and remember how things used to be? Well bully for you. Silly old me eh? Followed the team home and away for 50 odd years and dare to praise players for playing well and helping us to beat our near neighbours.....what terribly low standards I've clearly got! I also cheered El Ghazi when he scored the first goal in the play offs but I suppose I should have just stood there amongst the limbs around me and wagged my finger at him for being so bloody useless in other games! Another example of my terribly low standards....the more I think about it, the more dreadful I think I am as a fan...supporting the lads in claret n blue when they do well...unforgivable!

Just seen the Livermore "tackle". More of an act of GBH.
Jack is lucky not to be on crutches tonight, dirty bastard

The only reason he isnt on crutches is because his foot wasnt on the ground when Livermore made contact. If it was the tackle would have been knee height and probably put Jack out for 6 months. Disgusting tackle - how anyone can compare Hause's slightly clumsy challenge to that is ridiculous

Whatever the strengths or otherwise of individual players just pleased we got one over the gum chewing fat head. Would have been horrible Christmas with his grin fresh in the memory.
Christmas.......oh wait...