Assombolonga 15 Million | Page 2 | Vital Football

Assombolonga 15 Million

Don't agree at all with that analogy about his wages. Contracts are there to protect the player and club should he get injured and also protect the club should another club come knocking. In this scenario, yes we paid his wages but we also have profited from the sale. The only reason for that is his goals and play warranting a team coming and wanting to pay that fee. Not like Hobbs, fox, et al who we will never see a penny for because no one will pay.
I think he had to go, sensible decision for him and it has allowed us to bring in several players, making us a better all round team. As for yesterday, I thought he should have been sent off and obviously the occasion got to him with diabolical finishing, but he looked dangerous, and I think barring injury will go past 20 goals for them this season.

i think the funny thing is that he thinks boro are worth moving to no matter what the wages are. lets see how happy they all are come winter

Will.NFFC - 20/8/2017 16:21

I have nothing against him. He's not a Nottingham lad and doubled his wages during a career which could always see him rerupture his knee ala Cohen.

If you ever see him interviewed, he's a very nice chap, though we made it an absolute cauldron for him yesterday which certainly went in our favour!

To be honest, Gary Monks the one I hate, the arrogant tosser has been done 2 years in a row here and was as tw@tish about it as ever

Owd Harry Monk.

Agree on monk never seen him acknowledge when a team has outplayed his tactics and makes out that they should have won.

I certainly would not be critical of Brit moving for the money, 99 out of 100 people would do the same given the chance.

I would certainly question his ambition in moving to Middlesborough though as most players want to play in the PL.

I did not think that Boro would get automatic promotion before the season started and did not see anything on Saturday to make me change my mind.

Monk really does need to show a lot more humility when he deals with the media; he comes across as very condescending for someone who has achieved absolutely nothing,

He landed on his feet at Swansea, got fired when he was found to be out of his depth; took a job on at Leeds that no one else would touch with a barge pole, and then went on to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I was really surprised when he jumped ship at Leeds; a club twice the size of Boro.

He had seen off that Italian loon; new owners in and everything looked bright.

I can only assume he fancied spending Boro's parachute money.

mao tse tung - 21/8/2017 08:20

I certainly would not be critical of Brit moving for the money, 99 out of 100 people would do the same given the chance.

I would certainly question his ambition in moving to Middlesborough though as most players want to play in the PL.

Did Britt have the option of going to the PL though?

Not unreasonable of him to think that Middlesbrough's chances of promotion were greater than ours. He was right in the summer and their chances are still greater now.

Ironically, since he's a good player who will always score goals, our current team would be weaker if you swapped him for Murphy. So we are £13m up on the deal and have a stronger team.

factchecker - 21/8/2017 08:49

mao tse tung - 21/8/2017 08:20

Did Britt have the option of going to the PL though?

Not unreasonable of him to think that Middlesbrough's chances of promotion were greater than ours. He was right in the summer and their chances are still greater now.

Ironically, since he's a good player who will always score goals, our current team would be weaker if you swapped him for Murphy. So we are £13m up on the deal and have a stronger team.

Didn't Burnley make a bid for him?

Rumours that Watford also made a bid.

Both bids were allegedly much lower than 15m.

Fulhamred - 20/8/2017 22:39

Agree on monk never seen him acknowledge when a team has outplayed his tactics and makes out that they should have won.

Not many managers do this to be fair, but is agree that Monk is particularly graceless.

Reminds me of the awful Eddie Howe, bitching because Forest did not play in exactly the way Bournemouth wanted us to.

Compare to Mick McCarthy's brilliant comments on survival shnday- and now they are four for four and he looks like the first manager to be able to coach Joe Garner into a championship striker

Pope John XXIII - 21/8/2017 11:24

Not many managers do this to be fair, but is agree that Monk is particularly graceless.

Reminds me of the awful Eddie Howe, bitching because Forest did not play in exactly the way Bournemouth wanted us to.

Compare to Mick McCarthy's brilliant comments on survival shnday- and now they are four for four and he looks like the first manager to be able to coach Joe Garner into a championship striker

MW was fulsome in his praise for Millwall.

Carlos cavallho at sheff weds is always gracious in defeat too, holloway and surprisingly 'arry is too normally (with the caveat that he gets more money to spend)

Pope John XXIII - 21/8/2017 11:24

Agree with you re: Howe - Grade A prick.