Assombolonga 15 Million | Vital Football

Assombolonga 15 Million

redmalc

Vital Youth Team
Well just returned from a great Forest display and it was great to see Britt have such a shit game,I lost count how many chances he missed and the final shot into the Bridgford end was the best of the lot.I think Monk would have taken him off if it was not at Forest he was playing he was that crap.
It looks good business at the moment, and given the players we have purchased with the funds to date it can only get better,I hope

So far it certainly looks like we're on the winning end of this deal.
All of our new players are scoring for fun.

How many times do we suffer when ex-players come back to rub salt in the wounds? Nice to not be on the receiving end for a change

Long way to go yet but he seems to be lacking since his injury. Oddly I actually ended up respecting him more after today as it obviously wasn't a lack of effort on his part he just isn't the same player, sure he still has talent but he just isn't firing on all cylinders. That is a real shame for him personally.

mao tse tung - 19/8/2017 20:23

Mozzer1 - 19/8/2017 18:16

Occasion got to him with out a doubt... Awful and synical performance

Mapp!!!!

WTF!

Saw it love. Also saw Bad Dogs of on another Fred (PMSL). Didn't post because I thought Forest and Proud would get the monk on.

He seemed very fired up but from his point of view has an absolute nightmare.

What a fooking shame haha! And yes on that display far from a 15m player.

No doubting he will score goals but was lucky to even be on the pitch to get those attempts at goal. Most refs would have booked him when he squared up to bouchalakis and then sent him off when he elbowed mills . Really the referee got caught in a bit of a ex premiership love in booked Traore when he was being fouled in the first half but let numerous boro challenges far worse go including the one where Vaughan was floored and ended up going off

SleafordRed - 20/8/2017 08:14

No doubting he will score goals but was lucky to even be on the pitch to get those attempts at goal. Most refs would have booked him when he squared up to bouchalakis and then sent him off when he elbowed mills . Really the referee got caught in a bit of a ex premiership love in booked Traore when he was being fouled in the first half but let numerous boro challenges far worse go including the one where Vaughan was floored and ended up going off

Agreed - I thought he was lucky not to get sent off, he went into Smith quite heavy as well in the second half. He desperately wanted to perform and beat us. No love lost there at all. Goodbye Brit.

Yep he is gone. No looking back. Wouldn't it be absolutely gorgeous if we got promoted and Boro didn't?

I have nothing against him. He's not a Nottingham lad and doubled his wages during a career which could always see him rerupture his knee ala Cohen.

If you ever see him interviewed, he's a very nice chap, though we made it an absolute cauldron for him yesterday which certainly went in our favour!

To be honest, Gary Monks the one I hate, the arrogant tosser has been done 2 years in a row here and was as tw@tish about it as ever

Will.NFFC - 20/8/2017 16:21

I have nothing against him. He's not a Nottingham lad and doubled his wages during a career which could always see him rerupture his knee ala Cohen.

If you ever see him interviewed, he's a very nice chap, though we made it an absolute cauldron for him yesterday which certainly went in our favour!

To be honest, Gary Monks the one I hate, the arrogant tosser has been done 2 years in a row here and was as tw@tish about it as ever

I've made remarks previously about him being a mercenary and was roundly condemned for it. Maybe I was a bit harsh. The counter argument being that if I was offered double the pay would I accept it.

That counter argument in my opinion is mute, because it's a different scenario. Football contracts are completely different. As a player you are committing to playing for that team for a fixed period time. In return the club commit to paying your wages for that period of time. If they want to end that contract early they have to honour that contract by paying the player the wages.

However when a player, gets offered (shall we say £60k a week), that gives him the right to say let me go, or I will go on strike or be a Mardy tw@t in general and have a destabilising affect on the dressing room.

My final thought would be this. If I was working for a company and I had to take 9 months sickness because I had cancer for instance. Although there is no legal requirement for a company to pay sickness pay over £87 a week for 28 weeks, they pay my full salary anyway.

I get better and am offered double my salary and I walk. Under such a scenario I would feel guilty about treating a company who treated me , so well, so badly.

That is why the 2 situations are completely different and why BA is a greedy bastard.

Don't agree at all with that analogy about his wages. Contracts are there to protect the player and club should he get injured and also protect the club should another club come knocking. In this scenario, yes we paid his wages but we also have profited from the sale. The only reason for that is his goals and play warranting a team coming and wanting to pay that fee. Not like Hobbs, fox, et al who we will never see a penny for because no one will pay.
I think he had to go, sensible decision for him and it has allowed us to bring in several players, making us a better all round team. As for yesterday, I thought he should have been sent off and obviously the occasion got to him with diabolical finishing, but he looked dangerous, and I think barring injury will go past 20 goals for them this season.