Ashes To Ashes, Dust To Dust, cricket thread. | Page 8 | Vital Football

Ashes To Ashes, Dust To Dust, cricket thread.

The ball has to be in the keepers' gloves, without dislodging the bails, before the ball arrives. The right decision was made. Not out.
Sorry , I agree Bairstow touched the stump before the ball arrived , but the bail on the other stump was still dislodged before Smiths bat was OVER the crease .
Incorrect decision …. He was out …

It was proved on Sky Sports by Ian Ward .

Great start to the final day with Woakes removing the top 2 batsmen. Puts England in with a real chance now.

What a fantastic series , I couldn’t take my eyes of it for ten minutes..

Yesterday was incredible , Australia were cruising and I had given up any hope , then we take four wickets in twenty minutes .

The best result was a draw for the series ,I think.

If it wasn’t for the Manchester rain , we would have won though .

Incredible matches , I couldn’t have asked for more .

I grew to actually like Carey and Starc at the end ….Steve Smith , I still don’t think should have been allowed back , nor the other two .
Smith is a brilliant cricketer , you can’t take that away .

I never realised that Lambushagne adjusts the Bails before every delivery , after being bowled once when the bail was overhanging the stump by a tiny amount and was hit by the ball .. that’s what Broad was playing on …

Stokes also has a “habit “ of running his bat along the line of the batting crease at the end of every over ….. the Aussies spotted that and put a man to stand on the line and stop him doing it !

Mind games ….. I love it .

Well what a Brilliant last session, mind what a Brilliant Series in general, hats off to both teams, such entertainment swinging back n forth.

Well done Broadie, will always be remembered by Cricket fans what a player.

Earlier I predicted this match was obviously going to end as a draw, what the fcuk do I know about Cricket? esp Test matches v the old enemy from down under lol!

The Hundred competition has been a disaster in it's first 5 days, thankfully the weather is looking better next week.

What is 'The Hundred' TQ?
Hi Geof, it's a new format for a tournament that runs through August with both mens and womens sides playing on the same day. The hundred refers to the number of balls bowled in the innings. Each game lasts about 3 hours and nearly always leads to an exciting climax with the team batting second chasing a target score. The teams aren't county based as such but are based at the major test grounds for example Manchester Originals are at OT, Southern Brave at the Rose Bowl in Southampton, Welsh Fire in Cardiff, Oval Invincibles where you would expect and so on. So OT, Trent Bridge, Headingley, Edgbaston, Lords, the Oval, the Rose Bowl, and Cardiff.

Very good debut in the Hundred for Aussie bowler Spencer Johnson, bowled 20 balls and took 3 wickets for just 1 run!