Ashes To Ashes, Dust To Dust, cricket thread. | Page 6 | Vital Football

Ashes To Ashes, Dust To Dust, cricket thread.

I can’t remember a series as good as this one.

Every session is just brilliant .. the Aussies last ten overs were going at a rate of 9 an over .
Fantastic stuff ..

If only we had someone better than Bairstow behind the stumps .. as much as I have crossed Carey off of my Christmas card list , he has been a major difference in the two teams .

I’m sure Bairstow wanders off (!) a lot in his brain , he isn’t concentrating on the game .. he is slow and cumbersome in his movement .

We have to give Foakes the gloves for the last two tests .

I love our team with Stokes, Woakes and Foakes in it . All good blokes .

It’s going to be an interesting day today ..

I can’t remember a series as good as this one.

Every session is just brilliant .. the Aussies last ten overs were going at a rate of 9 an over .
Fantastic stuff ..

If only we had someone better than Bairstow behind the stumps .. as much as I have crossed Carey off of my Christmas card list , he has been a major difference in the two teams .

I’m sure Bairstow wanders off (!) a lot in his brain , he isn’t concentrating on the game .. he is slow and cumbersome in his movement .

We have to give Foakes the gloves for the last two tests .

I love our team with Stokes, Woakes and Foakes in it . All good blokes .

It’s going to be an interesting day today ..

Yep, I was saying to a mate after the last test that Bairstow and Andersen should make way. Like you, I'm still angry about the Bairstow dismissal but this has been an amazing series.

Shame that Archer has been injured …him and Woods would have been interesting.

I thought the booing for Cummings was childish , at the post match interviews ..
although I loved the “stand up if you hate Carey “ as he came out to bat was ok ..
It’s over now though .. hopefully .

Extra spice for the next test …it really has been brilliant cricket .
The nine day break will do them all good .

It was good to return to good old fashioned cricket , two great captains , great bowlers , but Englands catching has been woeful …and Bairstow has to stand down …
He was said to be overweight before the series started … it has shown .

Hopefully Woods is ok to go again , but the last Oval test is only four days after the Old Trafford test , so that may be a bit too soon for him .

Fascinating stuff .

Australia really missed their spinner ,Nathan Lyon , having played 100 consecutive tests was a fantastic achievement.

It was also good to see Mitch Marsh getting back into the side .
And of course Chris Woakes … great players make great cricket .

I love the fact that it’s two teams going head to head , toe to toe ..

Saying that , I think we have a few weak spots , Bairstow and the number three position … that we can improve on , and it’s a shame that both sides have injuries ..

But , What a series it has been , and there are still two tests to come ..irrespective of who wins the next one .
Even a dead rubber of a fifth test won’t be a quiet affair .

It will still be a packed Oval and expectations from the home crowd will still be the same .

We have a match winner in Woods , I hope he can stay fit for the last one , it’s only four days after Old Trafford .

Cricket has certainly been the winner , despite the best attempts by the Australians to surreptitiously find a way to gain an advantage.

I wonder if they really are regretting that incident .

Bit of a comeback by England with a couple of important wickets but the strength of depth in the Aussie batting is frightening. England aren't helping themselves by dropping a number of catches!

What a thrilling finish to the womens ashes ODI today, if only England hadn't conceded 26 runs in the Aussies last over batting!

What a thrilling finish to the womens ashes ODI today, if only England hadn't conceded 26 runs in the Aussies last over batting!

England lost by three runs and had five batters whose combined score was only 36, if they're aggregate increased by a measly four runs, they would have won.

I'm struggling to keep up with all the sport at the moment .... Men's and Women's cricket, tennis, football .... I should have been training harder for all this. But ain't it great!
We all have to be a lot fitter these days Geof …..

I can’t believe the FOURTH test starts this Wednesday … it was only last week I was saying that the first morning , before the first test started was just brilliant , with the atmosphere building, the buzz of the crowd , the expectation, then seeing Crawley crack that first ball for four …… suddenly , the fourth test is starting ..

Like Richmond. I can’t believe Foakes isn’t playing .

Poor start from England in the last womens ODI, don't know why Dunkley continues to be selected. Knight and Sciver-Brunt starting to recover the situation.