AS Roma vs.Tottenham Hotspur | Page 3 | Vital Football

AS Roma vs.Tottenham Hotspur

You know that argument doesn’t work for every player right.

Kane was also exceptional for the underage groups.

Also did very well on most of his loans.
My point is writing off a player at such a young age is foolish IMO, I have the same doubts as your good self. I think he has a lot to do to make the grade with us, but surely it's a bit soon to be labeling him a championship player.

My point is writing off a player at such a young age is foolish IMO, I have the same doubts as your good self. I think he has a lot to do to make the grade with us, but surely it's a bit soon to be labeling him a championship player.

At some point you have to move on.

CCV just looks way off the pace. If we sell Toby I really hope we sign another CB.

Amos impressed and was the biggest positive for me. Not fussed about how well experienced players do in friendlies as they know the drill.

CCV is the Queen Mary. Should be in dry dock. Waaaaayyyyyy to slow for the way we play.

Poch has praised Luke but says he has a lot of hard work to do yet. Poch also praised the MF generally. Lamela looked sharp, anyone notice his right footed cross for the goal. I wonder if his hip surgery has helped him work on his right more instead of being so left biased ? Aparently he was linking up well with Eriksen although I am only going by what the pundit said. Aurier looked to be putting in some good crosses. Good to see Lucas performing. He had some family issues settling in but apparently that is all sorted now. You never know even Llorente may come good or up his profile in the shop window.

Didn’t see much difference in Aurier from last season....one excellent cross, but lost the ball for their goal, many stupid fouls.....I don’t think Tripps has much to worry about. What was good in the first half was the closing and pressing together with movement off the ball and first time passing....great not to see Kane plodding around on his own up front and good fast support from MF. This went away completely in the second half, either by design or tiredness, don’t know which, but an encouraging performance overall. Barcelona a different test I think.

Poch has praised Luke but says he has a lot of hard work to do yet. Poch also praised the MF generally. Lamela looked sharp, anyone notice his right footed cross for the goal. I wonder if his hip surgery has helped him work on his right more instead of being so left biased ? Aparently he was linking up well with Eriksen although I am only going by what the pundit said. Aurier looked to be putting in some good crosses. Good to see Lucas performing. He had some family issues settling in but apparently that is all sorted now. You never know even Llorente may come good or up his profile in the shop window.

he now hardly waddles - and it was his waddle that made me call him as having a problem the first time I saw him...the ops look like they've worked!

Moura and Aurier were excellent.

Aurier showed how good a delivery he can make, and how easily he can get up and down the pitch and go past defenders - Sissoko playing on his wing caused a problem though for them both - they bashed into each other more than they did the opp...Sissoko still looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Aurier also won every ball in the air he went for, and intercepted more opposition through balls than anyone. He convinced me is only going to get better and better, Poch has a nice problem to have.

Both Aurier and Moura also showed their work rate with the most recoveries - they really really impressed me.

IN the air, Moura was a revelation - he's got a hell of a jump on him.

Amos was the stand-out for me; did all the good stuff in the middle, moved the ball on quickly and accurately and shielded the CB's well, the way that he looks to move the ball forward quickly and accurately means that I think he may well have secured his spot in our squad for next season and won't be going out on loan again.

CCV looks dreadful I'm afraid, strong, but made so many basic errors - unless there is a leap in his speed and performances I can't at the moment see him becoming a PL player.

Llorente took his goals well - and that must be a relief for all concerned, if as we might, do hold onto him for another season.

Key take-away for me is that Moura is looking everything I hoped he'd be after so much effort has been put into him last season at the academy and I suspect he and Aurier are going to make a formidable pairing. His 'apparent' propensity (when we saw his last season, this was a common criticism - which has come with him from PSG) to hold onto the ball too long seemed non-existent to me, he was always looking to create/cause an end-product and took his second goal exceptionally coolly and well.

Thought Vorm's distribution was almost suicidal at times - especially for KPW, who overall did well - looks like the strengthening work last season has had a good effect too; not so easy to shove off the ball now - and in a cobbled together defence did well on his weaker side.

With so many youngsters slotting in, Poch will be feeling pretty pleased today - but of course all of this could mean little when the real action starts....

Eriksen was once again first class and made us hang together in the final thrid.

But the MOM for me wasn't Moura as most seem to have picked but Amos, who looks like he has a fantastic future ahead of him.

EX I agree 100%. Amos MoM for me as well. And my reasoning is quite simple...we NEED someone that can play the DM position effectively...and I thought he did quite well. I look forward to seeing if he can keep it up. (could be absolutely massive for us)

Taking nothing away from Moura....he was excellent and honestly this is the quality I expect to see from him. He will be huge for us this season.

If Aurier, Moura, and someone like Amos come along and are highly effective this season...it is like having 3 new signings anyway!!!

he now hardly waddles - and it was his waddle that made me call him as having a problem the first time I saw him...the ops look like they've worked!

I am in the minority and have taken a ton of flack for my continued support for Lamela, I will continue to say it...when healthy, and I think he currently is, Lamela either starting or coming off the bench is a difference maker.

Moura/Erickson/Lamela - will scare the shit out of opposing defenses. And Kane should be licking his damn chops!!!

Sometimes, yes.
Well he's just signed a new contract, while I suspect the club are protecting their interest I wouldn't write him off just yet.
Having said that he looks just a little muscle bound to me, but give him a chance. CB develop later than other players.

I am in the minority and have taken a ton of flack for my continued support for Lamela, I will continue to say it...when healthy, and I think he currently is, Lamela either starting or coming off the bench is a difference maker.

Moura/Erickson/Lamela - will scare the shit out of opposing defenses. And Kane should be licking his damn chops!!!

Now you’re getting carried away, lol. Lamela’s main contribution when on the pitch is increased energy levels and showing the world how not to tackle! He’ll need to improve such things as quality and refinement by 45-50% to turn your boast from fiction to reality. After five years, I am still left waiting for not a lot.

True. But Moura made a statement.

It really does mean nothing though, hopefully he continues looking impressive but even if he scored 10 goals in pre season there is every chance he could go the first 10 games of the season and not score 1. I'm all for being positive but hard to tell anything at the moment. Should do his confidence no harm though

Aurier made an excellent cross, finally, and sure he was somewhat positive going forward, but feken hell he's a nightmare in the defensive 3rd. Some credit due for him playing next to Sissoko, but to suggest he showed anything more than he did last season is off the mark to me.

Solid backup to Tripp. Primary starter? No way yet.

It really does mean nothing though, hopefully he continues looking impressive but even if he scored 10 goals in pre season there is every chance he could go the first 10 games of the season and not score 1. I'm all for being positive but hard to tell anything at the moment. Should do his confidence no harm though

The best news about Moura beyond everything else is that key players will now know they've got genuine competition emerging for a starting place - the key questions will be what position does he start in, when he starts?

Who's under threat?