AS Roma vs.Tottenham Hotspur | Page 2 | Vital Football

AS Roma vs.Tottenham Hotspur

So has anyone in UK got any ideas how they're watching the ICC games in the next week or so? I had a look this morning and the Roma match is on Premier 2 on Sky (Channel 435) which I don't have. That's part of the PremierSports package and costs a tenner a month. I think you can cancel it after a month though with 5 days notice. I might pay the tenner and record the series on Sky Plus and watch them when I get up.

Just wondered whether anyone else has any ideas or looked into it?

Down a goal, but come thundering back to lead 4-1 at the break. Lucas Moura is Da Man! (braces for him and Llorente). 2nd half might not be worth watching what with the unlimited subs and whatnot, but we looked decent in the first half.
Vorm doesn't look to steady using his feet, but other than that he's keeping the defensse organized. KWP is playing a bit sloppy. probably because he's playing left wing back. Aurier on the right is solid and does link well with Sissoko.

The team looks to be a step or two quicker in movement and in thought than Roma who are at sixes and sevens along their backline. Alright, now off to watch round two and see what the kids can do (oh btw - Carter-Vickers and Ben Davies are our CBs.

And it ends with the same score 4-1 victory to the Spurs. I will say Roma brought on their best (available) players in the second half, which means our subs handled them quite well. Chances for us in the second half were few and far between, but Roma didn't have that many either. Dzeko's a handful. Pat Kluivert's kid looks promising, but is not the finished article.

For us, Son got a run out (he replaced Llorente). Lamela was solid, Eriksen unspectacular, except the shot he crashed against the woodwork in the first half.

Moura was definitely my man of the match.
All in all, while we still have work to do, to improve, this was a good showing. Barca next and then Madrid!

Aurier & Sissoko on the pitch together is a total disaster... Everytime.

It's like they both start to suffer vertigo whenever they get near each other. It's bizarre.

From the little I have seen this isn't Roma of last season, so not sure what takeaways we can have.

What is apparent to me though is that CCV should be nowhere near our first team. He makes Llorente look like speedy gonazlez, so slow and turns like an aircraft carrier.

From the little I have seen this isn't Roma of last season, so not sure what takeaways we can have.

What is apparent to me though is that CCV should be nowhere near our first team. He makes Llorente look like speedy gonazlez, so slow and turns like an aircraft carrier.

He’s a solid Championship player.

Built to deal with that sort of football

Moura and Aurier were excellent.

Aurier showed how good a delivery he can make, and how easily he can get up and down the pitch and go past defenders - Sissoko playing on his wing caused a problem though for them both - they bashed into each other more than they did the opp...Sissoko still looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Aurier also won every ball in the air he went for, and intercepted more opposition through balls than anyone. He convinced me is only going to get better and better, Poch has a nice problem to have.

Both Aurier and Moura also showed their work rate with the most recoveries - they really really impressed me.

IN the air, Moura was a revelation - he's got a hell of a jump on him.

Amos was the stand-out for me; did all the good stuff in the middle, moved the ball on quickly and accurately and shielded the CB's well, the way that he looks to move the ball forward quickly and accurately means that I think he may well have secured his spot in our squad for next season and won't be going out on loan again.

CCV looks dreadful I'm afraid, strong, but made so many basic errors - unless there is a leap in his speed and performances I can't at the moment see him becoming a PL player.

Llorente took his goals well - and that must be a relief for all concerned, if as we might, do hold onto him for another season.

Key take-away for me is that Moura is looking everything I hoped he'd be after so much effort has been put into him last season at the academy and I suspect he and Aurier are going to make a formidable pairing. His 'apparent' propensity (when we saw his last season, this was a common criticism - which has come with him from PSG) to hold onto the ball too long seemed non-existent to me, he was always looking to create/cause an end-product and took his second goal exceptionally coolly and well.

Thought Vorm's distribution was almost suicidal at times - especially for KPW, who overall did well - looks like the strengthening work last season has had a good effect too; not so easy to shove off the ball now - and in a cobbled together defence did well on his weaker side.

With so many youngsters slotting in, Poch will be feeling pretty pleased today - but of course all of this could mean little when the real action starts....

Eriksen was once again first class and made us hang together in the final thrid.

But the MOM for me wasn't Moura as most seem to have picked but Amos, who looks like he has a fantastic future ahead of him.

Last edited:
Moura and Aurier were excellent.

Aurier showed how good a delivery he can make, and how easily he can get up and down the pitch and go past defenders - Sissoko playing on his wing caused a problem though for them both - they bashed into each other more than they did the opp...Sissoko still looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Aurier also won every ball in the air he went for, and intercepted more opposition through balls than anyone. He convinced me is going to only get better and better, Poch has a nice problem to have.

Both Aurier and Moura also showed their work rate with the most recoveries - they really really impressed me.

IN the air, Moura was a revelation - he's got a hell of a jump on him.

Amos was the stand-out for me; did all the good stuff in the middle, moved the ball on quickly and accurately and shield the CB's well, the way that he looks to move the ball forward quickly and accurately means that I think he may well have secured his spot in our squad for next season and won't be going out on loan.

CCV looks dreadful I'm afraid, strong, but made so many basic errors - unless there is a leap in his speed and performances I can't at the moment see him becoming a PL player.

Llorente took his goals well - and that must be a relief for all concerned, if as we might do hold onto him for another season.

Key take-away for me is that Moura is looking everything I hoped he'd be after so much effort has been put into him and I suspect he and Aurier are going to make a formidable pairing.

Thought Vorm's distribution was almost suicidal at times - especially for KPW, who overall did well - looks like the strengthening work last season has had a good effect too; not so easy to shove off the ball now - and in a cobbled together defence did well on his weaker side.

With so many youngsters slotting in, Poch will be feeling pretty pleased today - but of course all of this could mean little when the real action starts....

Eriksen was once again first class.

But the MOM for me wasn't Moura as most seem to have picked but Amos, who looks like he has a fantastic future ahead of him.

I think you and I have the same view on Serge.

Think he will be quality this season, I think he’s a much better player than trips and more suited.

I sort of hope real do bid for him as I would’ve happy with Serge/kwp and if we draw Real attacking the right with pace.

You know that argument doesn’t work for every player right.

Kane was also exceptional for the underage groups.

Also did very well on most of his loans.
He wasn't when he played for us in our early Europa escapades ! I never saw him when he played on loan so can't comment on that , similarly when he was in the underage groups ,although his name was being bandied about

I think you and I have the same view on Serge.

Think he will be quality this season, I think he’s a much better player than trips and more suited.

I sort of hope real do bid for him as I would’ve happy with Serge/kwp and if we draw Real attacking the right with pace.

I think Tripps got better when he was really competing hard with Walker - I'd loath to sell him now, but as I said on another thread, two players with different attributes could at differing times and formation truly allow us a dazzling plan 'b' on our right side.

I think KPW will improve further, but boy has he got a mountain to climb now to play in his favoured RB position - I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan this season, possibly I am led to believe to Villa !!

He wasn't when he played for us in our early Europa escapades ! I never saw him when he played on loan so can't comment on that , similarly when he was in the underage groups ,although his name was being bandied about

I watched Harry many times as he came through the ranks, he'd go through periods were he looked outstanding, then periods were he looked like bambi on ice as we used to call him - his upper body strength wasn't great at times - and then all of a sudden under Sherwood, it was - his ability to shield and hold a ball was something I was never impressed with before then.

But Sherwood was and I still credit him for showing the faith in Harry after AVB wanted to ditch him - of course Harry digging his heels in with AVB and insisting he'd had enough of loans and would prove himself was also an incredible show of faith in himself.

Last edited:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>