Arsenal v Aston Villa match thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Arsenal v Aston Villa match thread

I’m actually thinking this could be the game Fear. As you say Arsenal are fragile and after their experience against Watford I genuinely think Villa could turn them over, especially if we stay positive. Mings marks Aubameyang out of the game, Grealish gets more freedom further forward and McGinn scores from outside the area.

Really hope so, I'm not in an ultra negative mode or owt, just I think a relatively flat one. I feel a bit disconnected from what I have seen so far. I want to believe.

Trez looks a squad player at best. The Egyptians think he’s great but they’ve only ever had one decent player and their judgment is off.

Can’t see deano changing his philosophy this side of Xmas though.

Funny as it sounds, playing against arsenal may well suit us better than the game last night.

Think we found it hard last night being the home team and the emphasis being on us to be on the front foot, and we lacked creativity and the final ball. It was all a bit tight and scrappy.

Against arsenal we'll have much more space and chances to counter. I think we may actually be a lot more dangerous.

At the other end it's just whether EAM can keep aubameyamg and go quiet.

I'm not scared though. Certainly don't expect us to be easily beaten.

Really hope so, I'm not in an ultra negative mode or owt, just I think a relatively flat one. I feel a bit disconnected from what I have seen so far. I want to believe.
As you said Villa need a stellar performance to move them to the next level and have proof with a result against the top 6, away against a top half team.

Think we found it hard last night being the home team and the emphasis being on us to be on the front foot, and we lacked creativity and the final ball. It was all a bit tight and scrappy.

We're awful sloppy at the minute - how many times in the past 5 games have we given it away so needlessly. Under hit, over hit, doing too much, not keeping it simple and being a little too over confident. I also feel we've been incredibly unlucky at times too.

I really feel its just time and work on the training ground - once November rolls around and we're not really hitting higher gears I'll worry a significant amount more.

Its so hard to judge the league, Wolves and Watford I don't think anyone would have expected them to be down there. Wolves should have the quality to do a Burnley and pull away eventually. Really its our goal return is my concern but its the one thing I'd expect to improve month over month. The backline is good and you rarely improve that without sacrificing your attack so I strongly back us to only improve.

Funny as it sounds, playing against arsenal may well suit us better than the game last night.

Against arsenal we'll have much more space and chances to counter. I think we may actually be a lot more dangerous.

At the other end it's just whether EAM can keep aubameyamg and go quiet.

I'm not scared though. Certainly don't expect us to be easily beaten.

I was just about to post the same thing. They are not going to sit back against us and their centre backs are unreliable. There will be goals in this game, the only question is can we keep a clean sheet and win it?

Optimistic about this one. Against Hammers the onus was on us to attack. Against Arsenal the onus is on them. We will have more room in the final third and hopefully more clear-cut chances. Their defence isn't great. Our defence can probably cope.
I think that this could be another game like Spurs on the opening day and we will take it to them and put them under pressure early. The only difference will be that we have learnt a little and will know not to let them push us back and put the pressure on. Five games of getting to know each other to our favour, getting Marv in the team and having Trez back will all add to the positives.
No predictions from me as I have given up doing that, but I can see a good solid performance and this will be another opportunity to progress and learn in this league.

Got to see this game as an opportunity to make a statement. No pressure on us to get a result against a potential top four side away from home.

As everyone's already said, they're a notoriously fragile side if you get at them. That, however, is easier said than done. They're a very, very strong side going forward and Aubameyang arguably makes up the top three strikers in the league. He offers a bit more of a threat with his pace than Kane does, so it'll be a different task for Mings and Engels.

Not quite sure what their midfield is saying nowadays. Ozil was off the boil last season from what I heard and I'm not even sure if he's back playing yet after the armed robbery fiasco a month or two back. Nicolas Pepe, their new guy, has had a mixed start as well from what I've heard. Guendouzi is experienced for someone his age but his age isn't very much, so hopefully he's someone we can pressure and force mistakes out of. Dani Ceballos sounds like a handful of a player as well, judging by Twitter rumblings.

If we can dominate in the middle of the pitch and press them into mistakes, I think we get a result here.

However, as with all these sides... they've got players that can make something out of nothing to punish you. Might needs to be our best performance of the season so far if we're to get anything.

I was thinking that
Time for a bit of 4-2-3-1 get people closer to Wesley and give the lad a chance.

Heaton
Guilbert Engels Mings Hause
Luiz Marvelous
Trez SJM JG
Wesley

I really would like that to be given a go.

I was thinking that, OR:

Usual back 4
Luiz, marvellous, mcguinn
Trez, Wes, grealish (barrow wide men)

Mcguin would play slightly ahead of luiz And marvellous. A bit like Liverpool’s fabhino Henderson and Milner (who still gets forward)

Get grealish right up the pitch.

Won’t be popular I know

I was thinking that

I was thinking that, OR:

Usual back 4
Luiz, marvellous, mcguinn
Trez, Wes, grealish (barrow wide men)

Mcguin would play slightly ahead of luiz And marvellous. A bit like Liverpool’s fabhino Henderson and Milner (who still gets forward)

Get grealish right up the pitch.

Won’t be popular I know

I've been suggesting similar myself, maybe even play Grealish and another attacking player in behind Wes. Would mean the 2 full backs need to get forward more often to give us some width though.

Imaybe even play Grealish and another attacking player in behind Wes.

I think that's what is already intended.

Grealish and McGinn are both faux-10's, with Luiz or Nakamba the defensive cover behind.

The trouble is that we aren't good enough to have 'luxury' players so Grealish and McGinn are obviously instructed not to forget their defensive responsibilites too.

if all you want to do is tell them not to defend and stay within ear shot of Wesley throughout the game then i think we'll be regularly bummed.

I think that's what is already intended.

Grealish and McGinn are both faux-10's, with Luiz or Nakamba the defensive cover behind.

The trouble is that we aren't good enough to have 'luxury' players so Grealish and McGinn are obviously instructed not to forget their defensive responsibilites too.

if all you want to do is tell them not to defend and stay within ear shot of Wesley throughout the game then i think we'll be regularly bummed.
Yes agree it needs to have a balance. They are working very hard I just think grealish especially should be using that energy higher up the pitch. Still track but sometimes Mingsnis further forward than him! Which I really don’t understand...

As I said earlier in all honesty I think we will lose. Honestly believe we will get relegated as well. Do I care? Do I hell. Let’s get back in the championship and win it then come up again and then go down and come up as champions again. I know this sounds farcical but we then have glory every two years. Premiership really just does not do it for me anymore