Around the Grounds | Page 56 | Vital Football

Around the Grounds

The weather is causing havoc with some non league fixture planning. I think I saw Truro have 5 games in 8 days and they’re not alone

The managerial change at Brum still paying dividend I see.
We can probably welcome them to L1 in a week or so. Unless, of course, we are ships passing in the night.

Sheffield United will start next season with a 2 point deduction and 2 suspended. This goes back to 22/23 season and their transfer embargo.

I'm really fed up with all the pussy footing about with punishments in the PL and EFL. In the PL they seem to have a woolly set of FFP rules that even when breached have a woollier set of vague possible punishments which can be appealed sometime in the next 12 months to decade depending on the clubs concerned.

In the EFL we seem to have a bit more clarity on punishment at least, but then we have the gerrymandering of the appeal against sentence system dragging on.

Net result is cheats continue to prosper and delay justice. We end up with the farce that at the season's end we may not know who is getting relegated after the final day. PL best league in the world? Zero credibility when it's run like a Sunday League outing. I bet at least in division 2 of the Lincoln Sunday League the clubs know who has been relegated and promoted on the last day.

Here are some sweeping suggestions:
All offences carry a set, pre-determined penalty.
When found guilty that penalty is implemented immediately and guilt only, not sentence is appealable.
All offences expected to be concluded during a six month period, or one week before the end of the season, which ever is longest.
All clubs to fully co-operate with the process and any that procrastinate through legal proceedings to extend investigations beyond the expected timeline are automatically expelled from the competition upon being found guilty at a later date (that should focus minds). It then being incumbent on that club to find another competition/league that will accept them.

The turkeys won't vote for that, so how about when the independent body looking into distribution of funds eventually lumbers into action, we implement another one that takes punishment for FFP breaches away from the cartel.

Leeds 0 Blackburn 1.

All of a sudden, the top three in the Championship cannot buy a win between them.

Leicester were 13 points clear of third place at the halfway stage; since then:
P23 W19 D1 L3 F47 A16 Pts58 PPG: 2.52
P19 W9 D3 L7 F32 A22 Pts30 PPG: 1.57