Arise Tom Pett | Page 2 | Vital Football

Arise Tom Pett

The term 'Lincoln fit' comes into play with all of the players being discussed here. It is becoming obvious that the degree of fitness expected at Lincoln differs significantly to that of other clubs. Frecklington, Pett, Akinde - they all looked off the pace to begin with, but the performance levels being demonstrated by Freck and Pett now are indicative of what we can expect when any new player is fully fit.

I also wonder if fitness includes the mental side of the game as well? Or cognitive sharpness, for want of a better term. Both Freck and Pett look to be *thinking* quicker on the pitch as well as just running about faster.

I also wonder if fitness includes the mental side of the game as well? Or cognitive sharpness, for want of a better term. Both Freck and Pett look to be *thinking* quicker on the pitch as well as just running about faster.

Sometimes those things can be visible as well.

Whilst i can only watch through ifollow pett to me seems creative always involved and spacial awareness is really good . Thought he was unlucky in the Grimsby game ? When he fell over the ball

The term 'Lincoln fit' comes into play with all of the players being discussed here. It is becoming obvious that the degree of fitness expected at Lincoln differs significantly to that of other clubs. Frecklington, Pett, Akinde - they all looked off the pace to begin with, but the performance levels being demonstrated by Freck and Pett now are indicative of what we can expect when any new player is fully fit.

Let's also not forget that the reason we have at least some of these players is because they were coming off the back of some big(ish) injuries and presumably their original clubs didn't feel they would recover to the right level. Eardley, Freck and Akinde to name 3 had in the not too distant past before we signed them injuries which kept them out of the game for a significant time.

I suspect this is where Danny and Nicky feel they can find "value" by taking prospects others consider partially crocked and bringing them back to close to their peak. That an investment in time, effort and money from the club and probably more importantly the right attitude on behalf of the player...