Are we going to see even more injuries this season? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Are we going to see even more injuries this season?

Oh sid those were the days lol!

Mind we did get warm sugary Tea at HT.
In our team no one brought flasks they were not invented then - nor a T lady to come make it ... be lucky if we even had a changing room let alone a kettle Tpot and electricity.
Took my wife all week to get the kit cleaned - assuming everyone paid their subs (if not they got to wear the dirty one the next week) - that made them pay up

In our team no one brought flasks they were not invented then - nor a T lady to come make it ... be lucky if we even had a changing room let alone a kettle Tpot and electricity.
Took my wife all week to get the kit cleaned - assuming everyone paid their subs (if not they got to wear the dirty one the next week) - that made them pay up
HaHa that sounds very much Sunday Lge, so know what you mean, been there done that lol!

I was talking about our Saturday 1st div Lge side, lol!
By the way it wasn't Flasks lol!

and cut oranges or a fag for halftime (assuming if u smoked that is) ... none of this training lark or listening to the manager.
Always a fag for me !!!!!!
Oranges were for wimps …… the bucket of cold , dirty , water with grass floating on top , mud at the bottom , and a manky old sponge that the bloke who drove you to the game , washed his car with on Sunday afternoon…. that cured your dislocated knee or the pain from the ball that had just smashed into your gonads .

There was always someone helpful around that shouted out , “ don’t rub them mate …. Count them !” …. Every time !

Always a fag for me !!!!!!
Oranges were for wimps …… the bucket of cold , dirty , water with grass floating on top , mud at the bottom , and a manky old sponge that the bloke who drove you to the game , washed his car with on Sunday afternoon…. that cured your dislocated knee or the pain from the ball that had just smashed into your gonads .

There was always someone helpful around that shouted out , “ don’t rub them mate …. Count them !” …. Every time !
Brill - and of coarse then the famous Deep Heat that cured anything and the smell kept the opponents away

Me and Greavsie had a great conversation a while back about playing on Hackney Marshes , getting washed after the game in the Cattle Troughs , and playing knee deep in mud , no nets in the goals , invisible pitch lines and someone’s Dad running the line in flat shoes with a hanky in his hand …

Happy days .

Me and Greavsie had a great conversation a while back about playing on Hackney Marshes , getting washed after the game in the Cattle Troughs , and playing knee deep in mud , no nets in the goals , invisible pitch lines and someone’s Dad running the line in flat shoes with a hanky in his hand …

Happy days .
I had a game somewhere near Hounslow and they didnt put the nets up and I scored 2 goals top corners left and right but the ref didnt see neither of them go in !!!!!!!! and we lost 1-0

Happy days .
That took me right back to playing for the school on Blackheath. Some of the pitches were so uneven that half the game was often played uphill.

The point of the article, and the perception generally, is that there has been a significant increase in added time this season and a corresponding increase in soft tssue injuries.

In an article in The Times today they've produced some figures:

The average amount of added-on time this season is now 11min 41sec, 3min 17sec longer than last season.

The amount of time the ball is in play has risen to 58 minutes 25 seconds, an increase of 3min 43sec on last season.

The amount of added-on time this season doesn't seem as significant as is widely perceived.

The point of the article, and the perception generally, is that there has been a significant increase in added time this season and a corresponding increase in soft tssue injuries.

In an article in The Times today they've produced some figures:

The average amount of added-on time this season is now 11min 41sec, 3min 17sec longer than last season.

The amount of time the ball is in play has risen to 58 minutes 25 seconds, an increase of 3min 43sec on last season.

The amount of added-on time this season doesn't seem as significant as is widely perceived.
If you look at the amount of added time for the first two or three games of the season , against the last two of three games , it has significantly reduced .

It was common at the start to have twenty minutes added time .

The amount of added time back then would have seriously impacted on tv scheduling and punditry .

Last season it was only around the three or four minutes mark .

Could you imaging ITV showing a live cup game akin the Spurs v Chelsea game when the match lasted nearly two hours .
Producers would be apoplectic at the loss of advertising revenue , or they would have cancelled the after game pundits …. Which would not be a bad thing I suppose .

If you look at the amount of added time for the first two or three games of the season , against the last two of three games , it has significantly reduced .

It was common at the start to have twenty minutes added time .

The amount of added time back then would have seriously impacted on tv scheduling and punditry .

Last season it was only around the three or four minutes mark .

Could you imaging ITV showing a live cup game akin the Spurs v Chelsea game when the match lasted nearly two hours .
Producers would be apoplectic at the loss of advertising revenue , or they would have cancelled the after game pundits …. Which would not be a bad thing I suppose .
That's an interesting point. Sky can easily accommodate significant added time because they have dedicated channels for Premier League matches and a long overrun after a game has finished.

And additional 10 minutes added time would play havoc with the terrestrial channels scheduling. We'll see the impact when they start showing live FA Cup games in the New Year.

The longer games are likely to continue though. At a referees meeting yesterday Howard Webb told referees they were to continue to take a tough line on time-wasting. And to continue punishing dissent.