APPRECIATE THE MANAGER HERE! | Vital Football

APPRECIATE THE MANAGER HERE!

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
I think we need to not just appreciate Pochettino, I think we need to vocalise it.
I haven’t heard of fans having a thread on here to directly applaud the manager but maybe it’s time to start one.
I just read this:
http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/totten...have-more-faith-in-me-and-the-club-pochettino

It’s not enough to applaud the players, CHEER THE MANAGER!
He’s had no new players, he’s on a tight budget, he takes his job very seriously, he’s passionate about how we do..... so cheer the guy!
The majority of the league and Europe would like our manager. Appreciate him.

I think he loves us.... give him a bit back!

Jurgen Klopp has been blown away by Tottenham’s results this season after a series of major hurdles were placed in their way.

The Liverpool manager hailed Spurs as one of the challengers for the league title along with his own side, Arsenal and Chelsea as he hailed Manchester City as big favourites to hold on to their crown.

Klopp has been very impressed by how Mauricio Pochettino’s team have overcome so much adversity to go into the weekend third in the league and well placed to push the top two.
“Tottenham have so many injury problems, the shortest break after the World Cup, I don’t know how many Belgian and English players they had, no pre-season and won all the games in a difficult situation,” Klopp told Sky Sports. “Now they are six points behind us. Wow. That’s really massive.”
https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/12/blogs/premier-league/klopp-blown-away-by-spurs/

I love him !,,!,,,,!,!
Some on here disagree with me ( ha ha ) about my use of the word genius when I talk about him , but I will never back down in my appreciation of what he has achieved .
Obviously others have different views ,so they should , but in my opinion ,the man is a genius and deserves every accolade going

If I was Poch I'd exactly what he has been doing i.e. Nothing.
The club press officer was absolutely right to stop it, why should he allow tapping up of our manager at the clubs press conference.
Poch silence gives him the upper hand with Levy if he wants to bring in one or two quality players, why wouldn't he use the speculation to squeeze a few more millions in transfer funds.

Good for Eddie Howe, much respect him. However the two circumstances are completely different, Poch is in a Job so touting for his job would be extremely poor.
No one is sitting in a permanent seat at M.U. Personally I wouldn't give those snakes that call themselves reporters a thing.

Poch silence gives him the upper hand with Levy if he wants to bring in one or two quality players, why wouldn't he use the speculation to squeeze a few more millions in transfer funds.

Top, it also works the other way. With Poch non-committal, Eriksen (or any one else for that matter) is unlikely to extend his contract until the cloud is lifted. I can understand Verts extending as I think his stock is not the same, being 30-ish and he seems very settled with us.

The media just want to sell papers or get viewing figures either online or tv and as such they will stir things up and speculalte and downright lie to generate interest, be it real or contrived does not matter.

I agree it would be really nice for POCH to 'do' an Eddie Howe, come out and say....I will be at Spurs to honour the contract I made in May and all this speculation is nonsense, ..unless of course he is secretly wanting a supposedly bigger job.

Poch you are either a man of honour or a greedy overly ambitious person.

If the latter Spurs cannot do anything aboutit but to get as much as possible for you by way of severance or...

If the Formerr 'you could see it out and win things with the current club and see your 'project' through

Be nice to put the supporters first and state your intentions...unless of course your silence is tacit agreement that you are happy and will stay.

Last edited:
Top, it also works the other way. With Poch non-committal, Eriksen (or any one else for that matter) is unlikely to extend his contract until the cloud is lifted. I can understand Verts extending as I think his stock is not the same, being 30-ish and he seems very settled with us.
I understand where you are coming from, but surely if Poch forces Levy's hand as far as an increased budget for better players is concerned. Those players you mentioned would see it as a sign of the club on field ambitions, therefore are more likely to sign.

I said reject the rumours. No implication of an offer.
I know what you are saying Nick but if everyone spent their time rejecting rumours , nothing would ever get done . Rumours fly about every day about someone going to Real Madrid etc . But that's all they are ......rumours , malicious stories put out by the press to sell papers . Did anyone read the bit in the Mail today about Poch going to manure . It's pathetic

Last edited:
For me, the biggest problem with Poch leaving would be knowing that he's just coming into his best years as a manager. Spurs and Poch have grown together and we've given him the platform to make mistakes and learn his trade. I can only think that he'll be an even better manager in the next 5 years and hope we can get the benefit of that. If he walks into Utd or RM and they get the benefit that will be a bitter pill.

Just hoping those season ticket holders keep singing his name and reminding him.

Jurgen Klopp has been blown away by Tottenham’s results this season after a series of major hurdles were placed in their way.

The Liverpool manager hailed Spurs as one of the challengers for the league title along with his own side, Arsenal and Chelsea as he hailed Manchester City as big favourites to hold on to their crown.

Klopp has been very impressed by how Mauricio Pochettino’s team have overcome so much adversity to go into the weekend third in the league and well placed to push the top two.
“Tottenham have so many injury problems, the shortest break after the World Cup, I don’t know how many Belgian and English players they had, no pre-season and won all the games in a difficult situation,” Klopp told Sky Sports. “Now they are six points behind us. Wow. That’s really massive.”
https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/12/blogs/premier-league/klopp-blown-away-by-spurs/

It's no surprise that a top class professional like Klopp can fully apprciate the issues we've had to deal with - which I've gone over a hundred times here, yet still there are some sections of our fans that just can't grasp it!!

It's no surprise that a top class professional like Klopp can fully apprciate the issues we've had to deal with - which I've gone over a hundred times here, yet still there are some sections of our fans that just can't grasp it!!

will the 'negatives' now wilt away and die?