Anyone. But. Liverpool.... | Page 48 | Vital Football

Anyone. But. Liverpool....

He was never an out and out attacking manager but his sides would go forward more regularly and in greater numbers once he was happy with the defensive side of the team. As you say, half a dozen players on the front foot constantly is unlikely but half a dozen when the time is right? That would be nice.

Norwich fans are pretty clear in what they think of his style.

What leads you to believe that all of those will make it at this level?

For all of them to would be unprecedented since the days of Paul Hart.

Johnson is the best prospect we have had at the Club since Andy Reid; whenever I have seen him play with the U23s he stood out; he was a class apart - it has come has no surprise that he is getting rave reviews at Lincoln, or that he has been capped at International level

Konate looks even better; a lot will depend on whether he can hack a season playing in the lower leagues.

Mighten is coming along nicely and should get more game time as our league position improves.

The big thing for the youngsters is attitude; Gary Brazil mentioned it in a recent interview - he said that players like Worrall, Cash and Yates stood out amongst more talented players in their peer group because of their attitude.

Norwich fans are pretty clear in what they think of his style.
And yet Brighton and Newcastle fans were more than happy with what he did in the Championship and were pretty happy with the performances.

I accept that he will never play free-flowing attacking football but for this division he is one of the best unless we can find another Bielsa from somewhere.

Then again, for context, I would rip your arms off right now to have Dyche as our manager...

Johnson is the best prospect we have had at the Club since Andy Reid; whenever I have seen him play with the U23s he stood out; he was a class apart - it has come has no surprise that he is getting rave reviews at Lincoln, or that he has been capped at International level

Konate looks even better; a lot will depend on whether he can hack a season playing in the lower leagues.

Mighten is coming along nicely and should get more game time as our league position improves.

The big thing for the youngsters is attitude; Gary Brazil mentioned it in a recent interview - he said that players like Worrall, Cash and Yates stood out amongst more talented players in their peer group because of their attitude.
What position does Konate play Mao?

Not sure - I spoke with someone who was working with the youth set up who said the Ivorian kid Gnahore was one of the most talented kids that he had ever seen both in terms of ability and attitude and where is he now?

Did he even make it as a pro?

Well, maybe; but I would rather be in my Cuckoo land than that bad acid trip you are bouncing around in.
The bad acid trip is only in the uk part of my brain where my compatriots have lost thier minds and cant see shit for the shovel

They did, Brighton fans too when they got promoted but once the wins dried up they really loathed the negative football.

Fans will always be happy with wins but when they dry up negative defensive football is far harder to forgive.
ala SL and why Im not looking forward to another year or two of this

What position does Konate play Mao?

He plays as an unorthodox 10, very much like Johnson does; they both start off in the middle of the forward midfield three but swap and change as the games goes on.

Neither are the type who will wait for the game to come to them.

Here's is a clip of Brenan from last nights game against Gillingham:

It was quite an eventful game for him; he was credited with assisting the first goal, which is stretching things a bit; he was fouled for the penalty and he hit the bar when he should have done a bit better:

https://www.skysports.com/football/gillingham-vs-lincoln/431137

The one promising thing watching was what a hell of an England side we have potentially.Foden,Stones and Sterling with the likes of Grealish,Kane,Rashford etc etc.Southgate has an abundance of quality to pick from.

The one promising thing watching was what a hell of an England side we have potentially.Foden,Stones and Sterling with the likes of Grealish,Kane,Rashford etc etc.Southgate has an abundance of quality to pick from.
There does seem to be some actual quality coming through, but is Southgate the right man to get the best out of them.?

Grea to watch city pull Liverpool to pieces, maybe no champions League next season if they carry on this form.

"Quality" yes, but that is in comparison to the PL and his opposition there.

We sometimes tend to assume that because they are tearing up the PL they'll tear up the world stage, and often they really don't.

Everyone says how fast the PL but England are so slow all the time, I appreciate international football is slower but that doesn’t mean we need to roll over