Any Montsma news? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Any Montsma news?

How many games did Lewis play before his latest ACL operation? 8? 10? As sad as it is I think it's in his best interest to retire sadly.

It's a difficult one with Lewis. If he was fit, he'd be exactly what we need - a physical defender who can also play out from the back. However, we do have a chance to make some good additions next season. Montsma's presumably on a good wage, so is Adelakun, and although he's started playing well/ frequently, you'd imagine Bishop is too. I can't imagine we'll see Lewis play again for the club on that basis, and it's such a shame it's turned out like that for everyone.

I'm split on this.

Does he deserve a chance to come back, for sure. Will he be 100% physically and maybe more important mentally, not sure about that but hopefully we get the chance to see.

Then looking at it monetarily, what's been our return on the investment? History of injuries (much like Walker) and a risk that this ACL will reoccur and once again we are paying long term for someone not able to play.

My heart says give him a chance to return but my head says it's not a particularly good investment.

He has posted videos on Instagram from time to time of him doing recovery work, strength training and also of Neymar's ACL rehab (don't google those videos, they look and sound awful).

He was excellent when he came back and got up to speed very quickly, only to get injured again. I really hope he can come back again. He's such a great player, and seems a top lad as well.

Screenshot-20240227-123116-Instagram.jpg

Seems like he is determined to come back.

Must feel so good being back in training with a ball after all he’s been through. Really feel for the lad and hope it’s the last major injury he experiences. Has so much potential in the game. Would be great if he makes it as we enter the Championship and would probably be exactly the right type of player for us there. 🤞🤞